Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Leeeeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried multiple troubleshooting suggestions (reset wifi channel, move unit away from modem, restart, reset...) and nothing works. My base station is continually flashing amber, which supposedly means it's offline, yet I am able to connect to the cameras via the app on both my phone and my desktop computer. It does seems to take a very long time to connect, ~15 seconds. A thief would be up and long gone before I even knew he was there. I just really want to know if it's ok that the base station continually flashes amber.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you look at the link above? The blinking amber LED means a weak signal to a camera. Moving the base and/or camera for a better connection will fix this. Use the WiFi icons for each camera to help determine which one is weakest.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you seem to have the VMB4000, which has 3 LEDs for power, Internet and Camera, which one is flashing amber? If you have a newer model base with 1 LED that should be blue but is flashing amber, what model is it?

From the FAQs in the support section here (along with many other topics):

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

Leeeeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB4500 base station with one LED, flashing amber. I do not notice any disfunction other than the flashing amber light. All cameras connect.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you look at the link above? The blinking amber LED means a weak signal to a camera. Moving the base and/or camera for a better connection will fix this. Use the WiFi icons for each camera to help determine which one is weakest.

Leeeeen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, no I hadn't looked at the link. It appears that three out of four of my cameras have weak signals. I think I will just move the base station so that I can't see the flashing light... thank you for your answer!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation