Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
judy11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
Owner granted me as administrative access but I still could not use it. can someone help me with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As a granted access user, you should have access the e911 feature on Arlo Android app and Arlo iOS app. If you're still experiencing this issue as a granted access user, please let us know.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @judy11,

Our development team is aware where some users are unable to access the e911 feature as a Granted Access user and is currently investigating this issue. Once we hear more information, we will make sure to provide an update. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Taylor121217
Tutor
Tutor
Just updated to the smart premier have access granted for another member in my household for rights and e911 and the e911 feature is not showing on the other user phone. Both r iPhones and I have clear the history even delete and readers them. Still nothing. Please help!
cryocide
Star
Star

Hi @JessicaP

I'm also still having this issue.  The web interface does not save changes when I try to grant access to e911, and the iOS Arlo app says I don't have permission to do so.  Please give us an update since it's been almost 4 months since the official reply saying "we'll provide an update."

Thank you

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @cryocide,

Our engineering team is still investigating this issue. In the meantime, try on the web client on your computer to see if that helps. We once again appreciate your patience and understanding and will update the community if we hear any new update.

cryocide
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply, @JessicaP

The web interface was the first option I tried.  Instead of an error message, it simply doesn't save the changes.  I'm using Chrome (version 74) with Chrome's integrated Flash player (Adobe announced Flash's sunset in 2017, with end-of-support coming in 2020). 

Glad to see they're still looking into it!  It's unfortunate that a new product like the Arlo Ultra has semi-broken features right out of the box.  e911 support for both me and my family was one of the features that influenced me to upgrade to the Ultra when it came out.

ToomToom
Initiate
Initiate

@JessicaP  Any update on this?

I'm having the same issue. Just spent almost an hour with Arlo Phone Support but they were unable to fix my issue.

I am a Smart Premier subscriber, and my wife has full administrative access + access to e911. However, whenever she taps the red shield at the top of her iphone she does not see the call e911 item. Only the Activate Siren/ Call a friend option.

I have tried everything. Toggling the Access to e911 setting in my (main) account for her user, saving it, then turning it back on for her. Logging out, uninstalling the app from her iPhone then logging back in but it still never shows up.

Interestingly enough she does have access to e911 if she logs into her account through a regular computer/internet browser.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As a granted access user, you should have access the e911 feature on Arlo Android app and Arlo iOS app. If you're still experiencing this issue as a granted access user, please let us know.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation