Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bad pixelation on CVR [Potential Fix]

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

I had bad pixelation on my cvr and it appears for now that I solved it.  First, I tried everything I could think of... I rebooted my camerabase, the camera, the orbi satellite connected to my camerbase, my router.  I moved my camerbase farther away from any metals, walls (maintaining a short distance of 10 feet away from camera). The best results I got were pixelation was resolved for 8 to 24 hours but always returned. Since I have 8 cameras on my system, I uninstalled my cvr camera and switched it with another camera hoping that it was just a defective camera.  BIG mistake! I lost all cvr capabilities, called customer service, and they had me remove my yearly subscription and replaced it with the current monthly cvr plan (GRRR).

Anyway, CVR was back up and running with pixelation and everyday I was unplugging the camera which would give me about  a day free from pixelation. Because I was plugging and unplugging the camera everyday, I noticed that the prongs on the plug (forgive me I dont know the right terminology) were the same size, unlike most prongs that have one slightly larger than the other. Just to try something different, I turned the plug upside down and plugged it in to the other outlet on the same outlet box. Its been 14 days now,  CVR is still working just fine. I have no idea why or even if this is what fixed the pixelation, but for now it seems to be working. Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.  Good Luck!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation