Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

S2fun
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased arlo pro 2. When trying to get into mode using iOS, I do not have options, it just says “getting information”....  My friend has a arlo pro and is able to go to modes, and has pencil for editing...I don’t have that option at all.  

158 REPLIES 158
muscal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also just bought this system and experiencing the same issue. Stuck on getting information in the mode setting.
yourethegoose
Aspirant
Aspirant

@muscal - Have you tried removing the device (base unit) from your account then re-adding? This solved the problem for me.

Jubilee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues 

ashbakernz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got it working via factory reset. You should at least update your users on the app. it is kinda of annoying not knowing and having to google around for a fix. My next move was to return the product.... doesn’t take much for the developers to put in a toast message to let users know the issue.
Jubilee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see a bunch of people having the same issue but I am not seeing any solutions or responses from support.

ashbakernz
Aspirant
Aspirant
SOULTION/FIX:
Factory reset your unit and reinstall again. Yes it’s annoying but the only way it fixes it.
pitbullfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well this is VERY disappointing. One of the main reasons I chose Arlo was the geofencing.

You cannot set it via the website because ironically it is "only available on mobile" Yet when I login to the android app on my phone there is no mode option at the bottom like ive seen in the videos.

Anyone find a solution to this?

If not, I will be returning mine in favor of something else.

pitbullfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far the cameras synced up no problem, base is accessible via app and web. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT I cannot change the mode (schedule/geofence/etc). My android app has no mode option. The website has mode option, but its useless as it doesn't actually let me change anything. The gefoence is only available on mobile....They really need to sort this stuff out and soon or mine will be getting returned in favor of something with fewer issue. Hilariously all the threads referencing the missing mode option in adrioid app are all marked solved. Yet it appears hundreds of users are still affected. Starting to feel like this was a bad purchase.

Without changing the mode the battery in cameras will drain too fast so without being able to change modes the thing is pretty useless to me.

Long1989
Aspirant
Aspirant

Vmb4000r3

1.11.9.0_26520

ios can’t change mode

latest iOS and app on oct 15 2018

stuck on getting information 

mtjand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you mmalman. Removing the base and cameras and then adding them all back does solve this problem for me.

mtjand
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a long thread on "Cannot change Arlo mode .." and one solution is to remove all devices (base+cameras) from the account and re-add them back. At least that does solve my problem of not being able to change mode. Good luck!

nor8080yu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cannot find Mode feature on samsung S8+
WGS2
Tutor
Tutor
I have a brand new Arlo Pro with 4 cameras. Almost all set to go. BUT I can't change anything within the "mode settings", notably the schedule. The cameras are armed, and the schedule is set at the factory setting of 8 - 5 Monday to Friday. Nothing I have tried has allowed me to click on and access the schedule to change it. I have contacted the Arlo help call centre, and they say they are aware of the issue., but offered no solutions ?!?! HELP?????
WGS2
Tutor
Tutor

I have a brand new Arlo Pro with 4 cameras. Almost all set to go. BUT I can't change anything within the "mode settings", notably the schedule. The cameras are armed, and the schedule is set at the factory setting of 8 - 5 Monday to Friday. Nothing I have tried has allowed me to click on and access the schedule to change it. I have contacted the Arlo help call centre, and they say they are aware of the issue., but offered no solutions ?!?! HELP?????

WGS2
Tutor
Tutor

I have exactly the same issue with our new Arlo Pro system. Any help is appreciated.

Lilia
Aspirant
Aspirant
First I called my internet provider and as for a stable ip address. That helps to allways be on line and connected to the base. Second I deleted all my devises and reinstalled them. That dolved my problem
brh
Master
Master

@WGS2

Have you tried to log in to your account on a PC, (https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login) and try it there? I am curious if this is an app problem or IDE problem.

Brian

officialuseonly
Guide
Guide
Happy to say that its fixed. What the forum admin, and others suggested prior, does work.

I think the issue resolved from the recent update for firmware that kicked out. If you recently bought the system, set it up and did the firmware update which was required, your previous settings were not associated with your account and would lock you out of accessing your base station (getting information loop), ie the schedule settings for your cameras. The same would happen for mostly anyone who did the update.

1. As stated before, unlink (remove device) everything associated to your account.
2. Setup Base Station, then re-link your cameras. How you named them should still be saved.
3. Attempt to access the MODE option and you should see either it as Armed, Disarmed, etc. you should now be able to access and edit your camera settings and schedules.

4. This whole thread should be routed up and consolidated as a hot topic or bug announcement on the main support page. There is no reason people should be digging through forums posts to find a solution to a an issue that’s been going on for better part of the year.
JohnInLkStevens
Aspirant
Aspirant

Within the IOS 12.0.1 app, the Base Station reports "getting information" and will not allow access to geofencing or modes. I've updated the firmware to 1.11.9.0_26520. Hardware is VMB4000r3. I've reset once via the app and once by disconnecting power and waiting 1 minute. Goal is to set up so I can create a schedule, and have no notifications during waking hours when at home.

Thanks 

P3user
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah there was a thread with 15 pages on this issue.  That thread dated back to May.  Might be older ones as well have not checked.  What appears to be my problem is the base station is no longer one of my devices.  I've tried to reconnect with no luck.  Have reset and reconfigured several times.  I can't even change modes online so pretty frustrated at this point.  Chat doesn't work and calling is just a waste of time.  They just suggest resetting and reconfiguring.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @mikelange1974,

You can try changing your "Power Management" to show "Best Video," which may reduce battery life. You can read more here on how to improve the picture quality: How do I get better picture quality from my Arlo camera?

P3user
Tutor
Tutor

OK step 1 is critical.  Online support told me to remove the application and reload.  It came back with my devices installed.  That is why multiple resets and reloads did nothing.  You have to go to settings and remove each device.  Then reset the base stations and link cameras.  Working will all modes now.  

phntmSPACEMAN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to update the email notification settings and motion sensitivity for my two Arlo Pro 2 cameras but the mobile app does not appear to have the "Mode" settings and online app fails to update any of these settings after they are saved. After updating the settings and clicking the "Save" button on the online app, the settings are not saved after I refresh the page. This is the case for both cameras.

Is this a known issue? Am I missing something?

Both cameras and base station are brand new and the cameras are on the latest firmware (1.125.11.3_26229).

SonyPR
Tutor
Tutor
Why am I just being able to have the motion sensor functioning on just one camera, out of 5? Is it me? Or is it the product?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked or adjusted the sense levels for the cameras locations?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------