Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Cameras With 1MBs Upload

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I've read where the min upload required is 1MBs.   My question is what happens when you add multiple cameras?   If I have 4 cameras will the quality of the video be reduced?    If there are other things going on in my network and the upload for Arlo itself is reduced to .5 Mbs, what is going to happen?   Will I just have delays in alerts and time before the video is upload or will the video be scaled down?    If I'm going to spend money for 1080p camera and it is going to be scaled down to 480p, it just doesn't seem worth it.   Also, with the base, I know I can do an external hard drive, is the backup video quality the same as what is uploaded to the Arlo cloud or will backups be full 1080p quality?   

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If only one camera at a time is recording or being used for live view you should be fine. Adding cameras to stream at the same time will swampt the upload bandwidth. In the past we were told that the cameras would automatically switch to lower resolution if needed but I can't verify that it was true then or now.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation