Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras turned dark at night

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KylieHbNZ21
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem, 1 month ago, One camera went very dark at night when recording then all 3 went dark the next week, so bad I can't see what is happening, I can hear the noise. I have take out battery and resinked. I have turned night off and on. Uninstalled app etc.

What can I do now?

I am considering get a new camera and it won't be an arlo....

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KylieHbNZ21 wrote:
My problem, 1 month ago, One camera went very dark at night when recording then all 3 went dark the next week, so bad I can't see what is happening, I can hear the noise. I have take out battery and resinked. I have turned night off and on. Uninstalled app etc.

It sounds like nightvision is no longer kicking in (or perhaps the IR spotlights are blocked or have failed).  Can you try walking up to the camera at night while illuminating your face (with a flashlight, or with a flashlight app on your smartphone)?  If you see color, then nightvision isn't engaging.

Does this happen with every single night recording, or is it occasional?  Does it also happen when you livestream? 

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

It would be good if you could revert back to when the "NIGHT/DAY vision" could be adjusted while watching live.

Changing the vision the way you have it now is hopeless, as you have to turn off the vision then go into SETTING, change the vision, then go back into LIVE VISON. This can't be done in less than a minute and you still might choose the wrong setting as you have 5 choices. If an intruder is present, (s)he'll be gone by the time you have the correct setting.

Please revert back to previous set-up as explained.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steven_Martin wrote:

It would be good if you could revert back to when the "NIGHT/DAY vision" could be adjusted while watching live.

Not sure who you are talking to - no one on this thread works for Arlo.  You could post this suggestion in the idea exchange (though maybe wait and see if the mods move it there).

KylieHbNZ21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guru, If I turn on my flood lights it videos okay. it does activte in the day too. And films in color with the flood lights too so....I will do a restart live and also in the settings too and I will see......

KylieHbNZ21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Steve, I will have a go doing what you have suggested. I have a friend who has arlo too and he is having the same problem.

KylieHbNZ21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought this was `Arlo ` set up forum, but good to know. This is great as I have had a good response.

a huge thanks and I will let you know if I can get them working!!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation