Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I'm receiving unwanted push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I haven’t looked in here in a very long time. I figured there was little point as nothing much changes.

But seeing as my Arlo world has gotten dramatically worse I thought I might pop in for a laugh.

Lately nothing is working properly (Hence the “things never change” heading). The activity zones fail 100% of the time, animal videos get pushed to me when I have them selected as off, other motion get sent when it’s unselected, and most other “smart/not so smart” options.

I wish I never went down this rabbit hole in the first place.

Anyone want to catch me up? Is there something I’m missing like Arlo sent everyone a new and improved system?

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Reallyconfused wrote:

Lately nothing is working properly (Hence the “things never change” heading). The activity zones fail 100% of the time, animal videos get pushed to me when I have them selected as off, other motion get sent when it’s unselected, and most other “smart/not so smart” options.

For smart notifications it is just that "notification" you wont receive. You still will get the recording. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As I said, the notifications are being pushed to me. They should not.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

All the same ones I’ve tried all the other times the system has let me down. Sometimes Arlo does something from their end and it works for a while, but it always returns to a non operative condition. At least that’s how it seems.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

When you say you are receiving animal notifications- are you meaning that you are receiving notifications are classified as animals (even though they are turned off)?

Or that the video is of an animal (but misclassified)?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation