Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide

Why is my camera detecting motion when I have selected that to be off? I just want it to pick up humans and autos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
I actually turned off my activity zones and only use the smart notifications and it definitely helped out.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi X Navy,

when you say detecting motion, do you mean your are receiving notifications on your lock screen or there are motion recordings in your library?

Additionally, to clarify, do you have a smart subscription?

Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
It is giving me notifications that motion has been detected and then records
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It is normal that it is going to record all motion detection events to your cloud library.

Though, if you are having issues of not receiving just smart notifications for people, etc.  I would toggle off smart notifications for that camera, wait 30 minutes and then toggle it back on.

That has helped me and others here in the past.

Thanks!

Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
But it use to never re order ALL motion. It would just record my smart notifications like people, pets, automobiles.
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
It is recording to my library. It is to only record people, pets, and or cars. I don't wan't it to record everything when the wind blows.
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
Yes
dcfox1
Master
Master

It will record everything to library with smart notifications but not send a notification for unselected options. 

Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
I use to barley get "motion" notifications. Only "people", "cars", "pets". And that is really all I want to get. I don't want it to where I get notifications/recordings of plant's or flags blowing in the wind.
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
I use to barley get "motion" alerts amd recordings. Now it seems like that is mainly what I get and it is constantly draining my battery. I only want to get alerts and recordings of the things I select like cars, people, animal's etc.... Please help me get back to that. Thank you!!
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Xnavyman17 Are you using activity zones, that is different from smart notifications. You never answered previous question from a another poster here asking you if you have a smart  notification subscription active. 

Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
Yes I believe I am. I pay like $9.99 per month. I am using activity zones and the smart one's
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Xnavyman17   Yes It will and always did record every thing even it was off in smart notifications but not give a notification if off. Your not giving alot of details here so its  hard to help. What are your smart notification settings.  Are the recordings outside your activity zone?  Those you should not get. Some have reported problems with that. 

Meagan_Tompkins
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issues and it’s driving me crazy. I pay for the Arlo Smart subscription and have it set to notify me ONLY when it picks up a person. I am still continuously getting notifications for every little motion, animal, vehicle, etc... what’s the point in paying for the subscription if it doesn’t work. I wish I could set the Activity zones on my outdoor cameras, but sadly, that doesn’t seem like a thing when unplugged...
Any input would be appreciated.
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
I delete old my activity zones. And it has seemed to help.
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
I actually turned off my activity zones and only use the smart notifications and it definitely helped out.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation