Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chargeable Pro 2 batteries drain even when cameras are off after about three weeks

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brince
Tutor
Tutor

Charged two cameras then turned off in settings. After about three weeks, both cameras say they are drained down. Are the batteries bad?  I have had the cameras about four months. Disappointing. Support does not address the issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a sign of a signal issue, strength and/or quality. If the cameras have a hard time staying connected, they will drain the batteries faster trying to maintain that connection. Best bet is to remove the batteries when not needed for a long time.

Brince
Tutor
Tutor

I have six cameras and signal strength is not an issue. These two that are affected were recently re-charged, but even when off, they discharged in about 30 days. The others are not similarly effected. When I first installed the system they seemed to work fine. Each lasted about 50 days, and were recharged for the first time each. I turned them OFF in settings. Even when OFF they discharged, when the others have not. Perhaps there is something wrong with these two batteries?  How does one complain to ARLO?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Brince wrote:

These two that are affected were recently re-charged, but even when off, they discharged in about 30 days.

That could still be a wifi issue, as @jguerdat suggests. Maybe something has changed in your local wifi environment.

@Brince wrote:

Perhaps there is something wrong with these two batteries? 

To confirm that it is the batteries in these cameras, try swapping them between cameras.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation