Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MGMACK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the battery while the camera was doing a firmware update - went and read up and found out that I should not have done that!!! Is there a way to fix this? I do not have a warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MGMACK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - I did use contact cleaner and used a hair dryer and that did the trick. It is mounted back and working with the other battery.

Busy charging the other battery.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

Was this a new camera install, there have not been any pro2 camera updates for a long while.

i guess you have tried pulling the camera battery for 10sec to reset it?

MGMACK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes tried that and did not work. I took it apart as I could see water in it - sprayed it with electrical water repellent and dried it out and it rebooted- but now it will not recharge - switched the battery out with one of the other cameras and that battery charges in the other camera. May be still some water in the power circuit or damage to it.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Finding moisture inside is usually not a good omen. 

You may need to wait a few days for any moisture to completely dry out unless you have fully opened the camera.

Some moisture repellent products contain oils which could affect electronics so you may want to flush again with a electronic contact cleaner product.

If the camera battery had completely drained then it is possible that the camera charge circuit was shut down to prevent battery damage and you may need to remove the camera from your account and reinstall.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera 

MGMACK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - I did use contact cleaner and used a hair dryer and that did the trick. It is mounted back and working with the other battery.

Busy charging the other battery.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation