Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PaBa
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I was asked for the Base firmware update today. Since that the Apps and web say the Base is offline. I have tried to switch it off and on, check the cables and Internet connection. Everything is fine, the base has three solid green lines and seems to work perfectly. Still - according the apps it is offline. Any help or suggestions, please?

159 REPLIES 159
CB11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Completely offline here, unit auto updated at 3am and now I have an orange light on the right of the unit. A reboot doesn't work and the light in the middle flashes occasionally. This isn't acceptable Netgear!
Zoso7
Guide
Guide

I would add that I can't find any release notes on the firmware that was issued to our base units. Usually you see release notes at the same time or just before an update is made available. I'm surprised that this is the way business is being conducted by a major player in this market. Occasional glitch's are to be expected, but Netgear should communicate better.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

If the far right hand light is off it could mean that it has lost syncing to your cameras.

Bring one camera near the base, press the sync button on the base for 2 seconds followed by the sync button on the camera to get it to resync. If that works then do the same for the other cameras.

https://kb.arlo.com/1146973/How-do-I-set-up-and-sync-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-cameras

Nbisnow
Tutor
Tutor
All three lights are green on base station but the app is still showing offline. I deleted and reinstalled the app and it is still showing offline.
Garyk3561
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station offline wirelessly. Can access via laptop and usb cord.. first message this morning was a firware update message, then immediately went offline.
Assistance requested please. Arlo support are you there?
prettyh8
Guide
Guide

I don't know if some kind of automatic update happend last night but my camera has been "offline" all day!  I tried resetting the base station and re-installing my Arlo Iphone app to no avail.  Is there some kind of fix?  Whats going on?

Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too after the firmware update experienced the same problems. I logged in on pc and could see live few and stayed on it for a few then it did same as on phone app. I called support. They had me try the following 1) on back of base press off the power button and in plug the power cord, wait 2 minuets and plug back in and turn back on. Once all green log in and see if took care.. if not 2) on back of base take needle or paper clip and press in reset button for about 30 secs all lights will go amber. If all turns green login again and see ( my internet stayed Amber and camera too, so had my unplug Ethernet and plug back in... internet turned green camera stayed Amber. If none of this works UNFORTUNATELY you have to sign in go to settings go to my devices and delete then go back and add home base and you will have to re-synced each camera.....( I had to do this) and all is up and running now! A pain!!! Good Luck!’n
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you say you reset your system, what specific method did you use?

What LED behavior are you seeing on the base station?

JamesC

prettyh8
Guide
Guide

Well I'm currently at work at the moment so can't see which lifghts are flashing on my base station.  But at lunch a few hours ago  I bascially just turned off the base station using the button and turned it back on and it did not connect.  I checked my wifi and is working fine.  I can usually "reset" my base station from my phone app too but that is not working.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing when things are offline? Have you tried both the app and a browser as well as logging out and back in?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device Type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact Error Message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Base-Station-Appearing-Offline/m-p/1569578#M488

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes a simple reboot of the base is all that's needed.

Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
Working on pc not on phone
Nbisnow
Tutor
Tutor
Device Type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo baby, Arlo Q, etc.): VMB4000r3

Internet Service Provider: spectrum

Exact Error Message: Your base station is offline. Check if it is powered up and connected to the internet.

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): iOS
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device Type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact Error Message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Base-Station-Appearing-Offline/m-p/1569578#M488

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nbisnow,

Do you see the same issue if you log in to the web client?

Have you tried logging out and then back in to your iOS app to see if you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

Nbisnow
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, the website is showing the same error.
Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
See my coment above!
Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Read my post above... sat on phone with them for an hour... kept telling them this was happening to everyone that updated the firmware... he said not everyone and some could get back online after 1st or 2nd step I mentioned!!!! Kept telling them not only one and all was good until this update and is so wrong the final step I had to do!
Nbisnow
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, the website is showing the same error.

I deleted and reinstalled the iOS app and it is still showing offline.
joeming00
Aspirant
Aspirant
  1. Started with “firmware update needed” all 3 cameras were gone (I pressed the firmware update bottom on my cellphone); then cell phone msg “Device appeared offline”
  2. Power down router (Netgear), Arlo base station, Arlo camera – no avail
  3. Then, did factory reset, power/internet green, but the device LED remained Amber - I sync ONE camera, saw camera LED blinking green, camera also blicking back, sync done; base station went back to Amber again.
  4. I think the internet, router (Netgear), and Arlo are all up. Checking my phone, it said “your base station is offline” .

Appreciate your suggestions!

Lx1x
Star
Star
LawnMM
Star
Star

Same issue, can't change base station settings from the app or online with a browser. Lights on the base station are active and it's behaving fine but not connected. I doubt it's a coincidence after the latest firmware debacle. I'm getting zero push notifications or recordings today either.

sbk_NG
Tutor
Tutor

My system came up today (5/14/2018) saying that I need to update the firmware on the router and the cameras. I selected "udpate" as there wasn't another option. Now the system is offline and I cannot access it even though the router has 3 green lights. I've tried rebooting and nothing. I did this via my phone at first and then went to a web browser, which could see the system at first, but then stuff just started to disapper. Has anyone else tried this update and did it work for them? Did this update just turn my system into a pile of junk?

Lilu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue with my base station showing offline, even though all lights are green. Everything was fine before the firmware update. I REALLY don't want to have to factory reset everything.