Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base offline after firmware update

PaBa
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I was asked for the Base firmware update today. Since that the Apps and web say the Base is offline. I have tried to switch it off and on, check the cables and Internet connection. Everything is fine, the base has three solid green lines and seems to work perfectly. Still - according the apps it is offline. Any help or suggestions, please?

159 REPLIES 159
BFinch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Help! My arlos seem to be offline also! Is there a number to call? I need my security.
Cathen78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problems
DamienT
Guide
Guide
Same here, it been like that since the early afternoon.
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have two base stations.  One was updated, (firmware), one was not and the one that was not is offline as are the 5 cameras synced to it.  I cannot find a way to manually update the firmware.  This needs to be resolved ASAP.  Ideas?  Suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, power cycle the base. If nothing else, leave it on overnight for the automatic updates to occur.

DamienT
Guide
Guide
I updated when I saw the icon, and after that it just hang for a long time (40mins). I manually rebooted the base a few times and now it’s just shown offline.
sbk_NG
Tutor
Tutor

As a follow on to the previous post. I reset my router and arlo box and it still wouldn't let me see the status of the Arlo box, however, i could see each of the cameras live and looked at a couple of them until a message came up and said that the system was "off line", which is interesting as I could see the live images until this message. Clearly something is wrong with this new firmware or the way that it's applied to the HW.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve done that., twice. Are you saying the update will be sent out again?
DamienT
Guide
Guide
Same exact thing for me. Rebooted everything multiple times. I can see a glimpse of live right before it go offline
sbk_NG
Tutor
Tutor

I've recycled the base 4 times and it doesn't help. 

I don't know how they've written their software, but if it's "offline" not sure that it will still trigger and automatic update

Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too after the firmware update experienced the same problems. I logged in on pc and could see live few and stayed on it for a few then it did same as on phone app. I called support. They had me try the following 1) on back of base press off the power button and in plug the power cord, wait 2 minuets and plug back in and turn back on. Once all green log in and see if took care.. if not 2) on back of base take needle or paper clip and press in reset button for about 30 secs all lights will go amber. If all turns green login again and see ( my internet stayed Amber and camera too, so had my unplug Ethernet and plug back in... internet turned green camera stayed Amber. If none of this works UNFORTUNATELY you have to sign in go to settings go to my devices and delete then go back and add home base and you will have to re-synced each camera.....( I had to do this) and all is up and running now! A pain!!! Good Luck!’
Care98bear
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too after the firmware update experienced the same problems. I logged in on pc and could see live few and stayed on it for a few then it did same as on phone app. I called support. They had me try the following 1) on back of base press off the power button and in plug the power cord, wait 2 minuets and plug back in and turn back on. Once all green log in and see if took care.. if not 2) on back of base take needle or paper clip and press in reset button for about 30 secs all lights will go amber. If all turns green login again and see ( my internet stayed Amber and camera too, so had my unplug Ethernet and plug back in... internet turned green camera stayed Amber. If none of this works UNFORTUNATELY you have to sign in go to settings go to my devices and delete then go back and add home base and you will have to re-synced each camera.....( I had to do this) and all is up and running now! A pain!!! Good Luck!’
DamienT
Guide
Guide
Wondering if the engineers are looking into this as this is obviously effecting quite a few people.
sbk_NG
Tutor
Tutor

I'm wondering if anyone from Netgear is seeing this as well. I tried to contact via support chat, but when I pushed on the button it then told me that nobody was available. Great support guys..

Has anyone tried this? I've only tried this on a web browser, but if I logout and log back in, I can push the live button on each of my cameras and it's getting video from all of them. However, if you go via the devices and check on your router, you'll get a long delay and then it will come back and say it's offline. Once that happens, then you're out of luck until you log out and log back in.

So, this means that I'm able to get to the router from the outside and the HW is up. Somethings wrong with this Firmware update. Hopefully, Netgear is looking at these posts and will get someone to resolve the issue.

Wiley58
Tutor
Tutor

Why does Net Gear put inferior firmware updates out there? It is obvious that I am not an isolated case of failures due to this firmware update. I should have folowed my gut feeling and said no. A shame that NetGear doesn't seem bothered to help fix their problem either. I have done all the steps mentioned in this thread, short of clearing everything and starting all over. All the while having NO SECURITY! Not what I paid for at all, very disappointed with NetGear, Arlo ratings from me will go from a peak to the gutter quickly.

Swstrib
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same problem and made the mistake of calling the worthless tech support.  Twice I have called them in the 6 months I’ve had these cameras and both times they had me remove my base station from my account. And both times I lost all my cameras and had to re-add them and both times I lost all my schedules and custom modes.  This camera system was a big waste of money.  I gave up quality for something that was really easy to set up since it was wireless.  Other wired systems are way better quality and less expensive, and if I have to start all over and reinstall this crap every couple of months then I think I chose poorly.  The convenience factor already went out the window.

ArloSuxMore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been working all evening to get my system operational again with no luck.  I have probably made matters worse trying to address connection to router and all.  Hopefully the geniuses at Netgear can push out a patch overnight.  That or I'm looking to return this system and buy something else.

Khop2424
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware: 1.9.8.0_16666

Arlo Pro 2

ISP: Comcast

Check if it is powered up and connected to the internet.

(Which it is both powered up and connected to the internet)

Alaskahorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
System says offline but is connected to WiFi! Have tried logging out and back in also unplugging unit from WiFi and plugging back in!!’ Doesn’t help!!
Misswright1024
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to figure out why my base and cameras all say offline, I’ve unplugged everything and it’s not working. I leave tomorrow to go out of town.
rolaxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here as well. All started after I updated it today.

Aznsorpor
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I have the Arlo Pro station and 5 cameras. Everything was working fine until 1AM EST last night. Earlier today, I was able to review the live feeds from my cameras but nothing recorded since last night. Now, it continues to say it is offline. I have used all troubleshooting options and there is no improvement. I have restarted the base station multiple times using the power button and unplugging the base station. I have checked that all the ethernet cable used for the internet works and tested the router it is connected to. I have also checked to ensure that no updates are required for any devices. I read in another forum about this problem from last year that after Netgear pushed out an update, it fixed the problem. 

On my account, I am able to still see my shared devices and they are still working fine so not sure what the issue is. Please assist. Thank you. 

rolaxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issue as well. Where is IT? Why havent they told us they are working on it?

jaydayclay
Star
Star
I was prompted to install the update myself this morning. My base and camera have been offline since. Power cycling the base unit hasn’t helped. Has anyone tried a factory reset?
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline after a base station update. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it. We are trying to stay on top of the threads and merge them so that we can keep you updated in one place. I will be merging this thread with the larger thread in order to keep you updated in a more efficient manner. Thank you for your patience! - https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-base-offline-after-firmware-update/td-p/1569441

We are also working on implementing a banner that will display across the top of the community pages, and a system status system to better inform our customers of current system and feature status. 

Dawn Marshall

Community Manager, Arlo