Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
HarryC
Tutor
Tutor

I had my Arlo Pro2 installed yesterday. I have a Samsung S9 Plus phone and installed the app - all works fine except the push to talk feature. 2 Cameras one outside front door and 1 covering the garden. When I test the push to talk - my voice in not even a whisper on both cameras. Frankly you cannot hear it. Login into Arlo on my Apple Mac and it is fairly loud. The speaker has been set to a 100% volume for both tests. Spoke to Support and they gave me a number of things to try - all failed. Has anyone got this working on a Samsung 9Plus? I would like to know to save myself a lot of time and to consider if the Arlo Pro2 is the right product for me. All response gratefully received. Thanks Harry

13 REPLIES 13
Ernova2112
Guide
Guide

@TomMac I have the exact same situation ,, S9+ , with 5 Cam Arlo Pro2 Set up,, Speakers sound horrible and Very low..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ernova2112

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ewday
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any luck?  I'm having similar issues on a Galaxy 8+, though I'm getting no audio whatsoever.   Speakers are on, volumes are at 100% (tried turning on/off, and adjusting volumes down and back up).  Mic has been granted permissions in the Arlo app.

Occassionally, I'll get "Connection failed. Tap this message to retry" in the app above the push to talk button, but mostly no fedback and no audio.

Thanks,

Eric

HarryC
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all - no luck gone up to second line support - they could not solve.......tried every potential trick. So the latest is I have to record the low volume e.g. my phone and then the high volume on e.g. my Apple Mac another phone......and then they will escalate to Engineering - it seems to point to an issue with the App.

I haven't got around to the above yet as it is time consuming and my main recording device would be my phone......but will get around too it.

But the others on this thread please contact  Arlo support you can cite my case number 40864011

Hopefully they will get the message fix the App for the Samsung Galaxy 9+

Thanks

ewday
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply - will follow-up with Arlo support.  Frustrating.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Has anyone tried clearing the phone cache and also the applications cache then starting the phone in safe mode?
BoulderC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone found a solution?

I am having the same problem with my samsung s9+. The volume is very, very low. When I speak through my tablet (also a samsung), or my desktop, it's loud and clear. 

rbd77004
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Harry!  I have the same issue.  I bought my Arlo Pro 2's yesterday.  Its a 3 camera system.  All cameras are whisper silent when speaking to them from the Arlo app on my Samsung S10 Plus...volume is so low.  I even tried my son's S9, and had the same results as a suggestion from Tech support.  They act like this is a new issue.  Although, the sound thru my Web interface from my laptop was very nice and clear from MyArlo site.  I called support and spent over an hour trying this and that.  They would call me back to try resetting base, resetting phone, uninstalling app,..the proper order to reboot.  Nothing is working.  Did you get yours working?  I didnt buy these to be a walkie-talkie, but it is a nice feature and I want it to work...or I will send them back.  Also, is the camera still working on yours since you've had it installed?

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Same here. Does not work from my Samsung S9 plus. Sound is very low. Reported it several times last year so dropped that function. Seems working better via iPhone though.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur if you use a headset with your Samsung phone?

rbd77004
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting test.  I will try that when I get home and let you know if that was any better.  

rvalland
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push to talk on my Pro 2 cameras is intermittently working and the few times that it does it's extremely quiet. I've turned the volume up and it doesn't do anything. I'm accessing the app from Galaxy Note 9.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rvalland wrote:
Push to talk on my Pro 2 cameras is intermittently working and the few times that it does it's extremely quiet. I've turned the volume up and it doesn't do anything. I'm accessing the app from Galaxy Note 9.

Other users have also found that.  It is louder if you use a headset.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation