Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Arlo Pro2 push feature - low volume and android application

I had my Arlo Pro2 installed yesterday. I have a Samsung S9 Plus phone and installed the app - all works fine except the push to talk feature. 2 Cameras one outside front door and 1 covering the garden. When I test the push to talk - my voice in not even a whisper on both cameras. Frankly you cannot hear it. Login into Arlo on my Apple Mac and it is fairly loud. The speaker has been set to a 100% volume for both tests. Spoke to Support and they gave me a number of things to try - all failed. Has anyone got this working on a Samsung 9Plus? I would like to know to save myself a lot of time and to consider if the Arlo Pro2 is the right product for me. All response gratefully received. Thanks Harry

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 7
Aspirant

Re: Arlo Pro2 push feature - low volume and android application

@TomMac I have the exact same situation ,, S9+ , with 5 Cam Arlo Pro2 Set up,, Speakers sound horrible and Very low..

Model: VMB4500 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 2 of 7
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ernova2112

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Message 3 of 7
Aspirant

Any luck?  I'm having similar issues on a Galaxy 8+, though I'm getting no audio whatsoever.   Speakers are on, volumes are at 100% (tried turning on/off, and adjusting volumes down and back up).  Mic has been granted permissions in the Arlo app.

Occassionally, I'll get "Connection failed. Tap this message to retry" in the app above the push to talk button, but mostly no fedback and no audio.

Thanks,

Eric

Message 4 of 7
Aspirant

Hi all - no luck gone up to second line support - they could not solve.......tried every potential trick. So the latest is I have to record the low volume e.g. my phone and then the high volume on e.g. my Apple Mac another phone......and then they will escalate to Engineering - it seems to point to an issue with the App.

I haven't got around to the above yet as it is time consuming and my main recording device would be my phone......but will get around too it.

But the others on this thread please contact  Arlo support you can cite my case number 40864011

Hopefully they will get the message fix the App for the Samsung Galaxy 9+

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply - will follow-up with Arlo support.  Frustrating.

Message 6 of 7
Prodigy

Has anyone tried clearing the phone cache and also the applications cache then starting the phone in safe mode?
Message 7 of 7