Re: Arlo Pro2 Firmware Downgraded Automatically
Well I certainly didn't push it for more than a second, but maybe it reset anyway. I don't know. I don't want to get into semantics, but if people are told to generically reset, then the switch labeled "reset" (right next to the power button) is what was implied. Your "warm reset" should be called a "software reset", your "power reset" should be called a "reboot" or "power cycle", not a reset. When I write manuals I'm careful about these terms.
My basestation (VMB4000r3) and 3x Pro2 cameras (VMC4030P) have finally updated around 20/21 April 2019 from the earlier downgrading of their firmware to versions 184.108.40.206_2794 and 220.127.116.11_31717 respectively after around three & a half months on an old firmware version. Good news to get this finally resolved.
Update to the above: Today, 25 April 2019, my Arlo basestation has reverted back to firmware version 18.104.22.168_27940 (was 22.214.171.124_2794). My Android app got updated to version 2.7.9_25600 just before I noticed this change. Also, the reliability and performance has become questionable similar to as reported by Petite1. Arlo, what is going on.
Same thing here !
Downgrade again !
Unreliable is a compliment !
ShayneS ???? Still waiting on your promise to update all of the forum members !?
Support does not exist !
Arlo team and their rep you should be ashamed as you are disrespecting your loyal clients .
What next ???
This thread have nothing to do with the original one ! Also you have flagged this thread as solved ?! It is definitely NOT !
Please refer to the original and provide us with a solution and a fix.
Well much appreciated. "Removing the device" solved the issues. I assume it was the firmware issue but was unable to confirm it since I my base would report hardware and serial numbers only. So I did "remove the device", the base station, and then added it as a new device. Then it reported it's firmware as 126.96.36.199_27940. And then I paired with the cameras. (Sometime I wish they would distinquish more clearly between "devices" and "paired devices" to the "device") I was please to see cameras still know their names and the base station, or maybe the account, still remembers all it's programmed modes. So now I'm up and running again. Thanks
I recall reading that a factory reset wipes your serial number for the base station from your account hence why it is needed to be added new again. Good luck.
Just piling on here but after this firmware upgrade/downgrade debacle I've had to remove and re-add a couple cameras (out of 6) just to get them working. I've had missing motion alerts requiring multiple hub reboots to fix. The doorbell stopped working and was unable to pair to a camera or a chime. I had to remove and factory reset the doorbell in order to get it to work again. Finally I *think* its working normally like it was before this all started.
I'm pretty tech saavy, I can't imagine this happening to a "normal" non tech saavy person. This is pretty unacceptable software quality and testing which hasn't gotten much better for the 6+ months I've had the product. Not to mention still reading posts of unreliable constant video recording and people missing recordings when they need them. I question if paying for this add on will work when I need it the most. If I didn't have a need for completely wireless operation and didn't want to build my own storage I would be switching.
The engineering team has new field trial firmware available. We're seeking testers for this field trial with the best candidates being those of you who experienced issues with the last firmware release before we rolled back.
If you would like to help test the newest field trial release, please send me a private message with your email address and a confirmation and I will add you to the field trial.
I’ve rebooted, which didn’t work. I deleted one camera and tried to resync but that didn’t work despite multiple attempts and now the camera is off the system.
Please actually respond by providing real support!