Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
miche001
Star
Star

My cameras randomly go offline in the Apple app, since the update to version 2.5.0 on May 4. They cameras work fine in the browser (Chrome, on a Mac). Have recharged all the batteries, rebooted the base station, moved the basestation around - no differerence. System has worked fine for over a year. Batteries are now all fully charged; signal strength is 2-3 bars (unchanged); router has been rebooted, and same for the base station and cameras. Seems to be an app problem -  I notice is that it takes a second or two for the streaming video to load in the browser, and the app reports off ine status faster than that. Perhaps the app is returning an 'offline' report too soon? Any ideas?

29 REPLIES 29
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

PAVEIT,

Can you provide more details regarding the issue you are experiencing? are the cameras appearing offline or do they have a black screen? Does this happen on the Arlo Mobile App & the Web Portal? 

miche001
Star
Star

On my system, two of the 15 cameras willl regularly show as offline on the mobile app (on both iPhone and iPad), but will appear normally on the web portal. Having all the cameras on two base stations works better (fewer offline occasions) while going to three base stations makes it more likely that the cameras will appear offline in the mobile app. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

miche001, PAVEIT

Do you have the latest firmware for your cameras & base station installed? Have you updated your iphone to the latest OS 12.1?

PAVEIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have everything updated. The problem started after I downloaded 2.61. I have talked to tech support and she said it’s the app and I would have to wait for update. Doesn’t sound right to me. It works fine on internet but doesn’t connect. I replaced the router thinking that would correct it.  My Nest camera’s work fine (3) My bandwidth is 297.68 & 12.37   I’m at loss.  They did work for a year before I had this issue. 

miche001
Star
Star

Feb 11 2019 Update. I had stored my third base station in the hopes that a later app or firmware update would fix the problem of cameras from only two base stations showing in the app. Noted there was a new iOS app update that said it fixed streaming problems, so updated the app on my iPhone and iPad, reinstalled the third base station (and went through a firmware update), migrated 5 cameras to the third base station - and everything works! Not sure if it was the update to the base station firmware, the app, or the two together, but its nice to see the problem resolved. 

Discussion stats