Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro iOS cameras offline, but online in browser

Discussion stats
miche001
Star
Star

My cameras randomly go offline in the Apple app, since the update to version 2.5.0 on May 4. They cameras work fine in the browser (Chrome, on a Mac). Have recharged all the batteries, rebooted the base station, moved the basestation around - no differerence. System has worked fine for over a year. Batteries are now all fully charged; signal strength is 2-3 bars (unchanged); router has been rebooted, and same for the base station and cameras. Seems to be an app problem -  I notice is that it takes a second or two for the streaming video to load in the browser, and the app reports off ine status faster than that. Perhaps the app is returning an 'offline' report too soon? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
miche001
Star
Star

Feb 11 2019 Update. I had stored my third base station in the hopes that a later app or firmware update would fix the problem of cameras from only two base stations showing in the app. Noted there was a new iOS app update that said it fixed streaming problems, so updated the app on my iPhone and iPad, reinstalled the third base station (and went through a firmware update), migrated 5 cameras to the third base station - and everything works! Not sure if it was the update to the base station firmware, the app, or the two together, but its nice to see the problem resolved. 

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
brh
Master
Master

@miche001

I would delete the app and re-install it.

Brian

miche001
Star
Star

thanks - tired that (deleted the app and reinstalled it) - problem is unchanged. Also logged in on a second ios device - no difference. 

brh
Master
Master

@miche001

Post a note to @JamesC and see if he has any ideas or can expedite your problem to the engineers. There seem to be a lot of problems with this update and he is actively sending these problems to the engineering dept. Support will probably have no idea as to how to solve this.

Brian

miche001
Star
Star

Thanks!

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@miche001

This is a delay issue... Prolly' coming from Server/App/firmware bug.. It's a matter of time they'll fix it.. If not, we're doomed.. 

petethepaladin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Help. Since update a few days ago, I realized today that motion events are not being alerted to my phone at all! They showed up in history, but the iPhone app for Arlo had no alerts on the icon. Please fix this quickly!!!
FridaCat
Guide
Guide

I seem to having the same issue (since the upgrade?)  On my phone, Android Pixel 2 XL, it will randomly say the cameras are offline or the system is offline, but on the web interface on my PC, it appears fine.  It also randomly says my cameras are offline, but I can turn on live viewing, and they work.  It is happening even more frequently now since I tried to move one of my cameras and resync it.  Then other cameras say they are offline when they are not.  My motion detection also stopped working.  I've rebooted my Arlo system, deleted-readded-resynced my camera, but still random offline.

Steven_Jackson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing exactly the same thing.

iOS app shows *some* cameras as offline, while my Mac shows them as on-line.

Hopefully will be address in an update shortly.

CalldripSupport
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same exact issue that has been described. (05/29/2018) 

miche001
Star
Star

Would add that I have swapped cameras, de-registered and swapped bases, and the problem persists. All 15 cameras work fine in browsers, 13/15 work fine in the app  and its the same two on myiPhone and my Ipad apps (and yes, I've deleted and reinstalled both apps) Unfortunately, and for reasons I can not figure out, its two that are high priority!

Hschorz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hschorz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Its amazing to me that they have not solved this problem since May 2018 or earlier. I have 13 cameras and pay for service and it’s not useable on my iPhone. I’d like to hear what netgears official response is!!!
miche001
Star
Star

I accidently found a sort of solution, when one of my three base stations went down. I temporarily reassigned all the cameras to the remaining two base stations (two cameras were barely in range), and the problem resolved. Added a third base station back for better coverage/conection, and the two cameras connected to the third station would show up online, but not connect in the ios app. Tried swapping base stations, and the problem continued. Took out the third base station and all was well again. Guess the app has a hard time with three base stations. 

Jason_aka_Jason
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem as others - filed a report about 7 days ago and it was said this is a "known" issue.  States will not replace any cameras for warranty, provide any refund, as this is a "known" issue.  So as end users, we are stuck until someone decides to recode the broken code causing this widespread issue.  "Don't you worry" being the common stated words of reassurance as we leave gaps in our home monitoring systems.  It is so unfortunate to see many people having such issues with an update and no customer relations have been set out to give a bulletin of heavily reported "known" issues or at least give some type of reply to the threads with "known" issue topics.  

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yikes. I am having a lot of the same issues with my brand new Pro 2 four camera system. These issues have been around for 3 months and haven't even been acknowledged by Arlo? 

bsee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I wish I knew this issue was so common.  I would have bought the ring system.  It looks like enough people are having this issue that Netgear is about to loose allot of business. I know I will be shipping mine back to Amzon this week, if they cannot fix within a day. Everyone involved should return theirs ASAP, if possible and then buy another one.  Keep doing it until they get enough returns that they wake up. 

gstone007
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have two base stations and four cameras. We frequently relocate cameras and swap bae stations. For the past few months we can never get all four camers to show as online on the iOS or Android app. The problem has worsened with recent Arlo update. Now only one or two cameras will appear as online at any one time and all four cameras constantly cycle between online and offline.

Wake up Netgear and fix the Arlo apps. We will not be buying any more Arlo products as a result of this and the many other neglected issues that have been reported.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a browser to see if it shows the same thing? If so, it may be fastest to reset the systems and start fresh. Something might be goofy in the configuration that would be cleared out.

miche001
Star
Star

Noted in the initial message - the browser app works fine, its the mobile app that has the problem. Since the injitial posting, have gotten a new iphone, done a fresh install of the Arlo mobile app, and have also reset and reinstalled the third base station, and reattached several cameras to it. No change in the outcome - several of the cameras attached to the third station, and occasional cameras attached to the other stations, will not connect via the mobile app, but do work fine with the browser. Seems to be an issue of latency - if the camera is slow to connect, the mobile app drops the connection, while the browser holds on longer, and does connect. 

larryc9
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI I reckon I have the same issue. In my case my iPhone is running app version 2.4.9 and I have no problems. My iPad runs 2.5.5 and has the same symptoms you describe. It has to be a bug introduced at 2.5.0. I cannot believe it still hasn't been addressed!

PAVEIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same exact problem....works fine on computer but they don't work anymore on ipad (after the update) tried reinstalling the basestation but that didn't help. I called tech support and she said it was the app they are having trouble with. I can't believe it would take that long to repair.

larryc9
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem was resolved for me at 2.6.0 - which version are you on?

PAVEIT
Aspirant
Aspirant
larryc9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmmm, maybe I need to stay at 2.6.0

Discussion stats