Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
perry2805
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is far from resolved, as many others have said.

I have been offerered a replacement hub, but I highly doubt this will resolve the connectivity / offline issue which many others with the VMB4000 base station are experiencing. We pay alot of money for these systems, and as a security system should be working 24/7!

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are there any consumer advocates on a national basis that could help us?  Anyone have media contacts that can shed light on this company?  Or is this company so pre-occupied staying in business and fighting off the attempted class action suit for their failed baby monitor that there's little time for anything else.  Netgear still owns 50% of voting shares of Arlo if I read correctly, maybe their board can shake things up?  Or are they part of the problem?

This company may be the textbook case on how not to run a company, replacing the now defunked Jawbone.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I have a 2 TB USB drive hooked to the base. After reading your post I unmounted the drive through the app as I was not home. I did not remove or reboot anything and so far the system is back to working normal. I am going to add this to my case that I have with Arlo. Hopefully they will test this or at least reach out for more info. I am going to Format my drive with my computer this weekend and plug it back in and see what happens. Maybe the data on the hard drive got corrupt and was causing issues with the base station trying to read the data while syncing with the cloud. Thanks.

Keck
Star
Star
FYI.. I received my replacement Base for the last three days and it’s back to normal for me. I noticed the the time and date stamps are showing again on the video clips. No offline issues that I have noticed. It is faster responding to live connection from the app and settings are staying.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Glad to see that more and more people are confirming that removing their usb drive for local recording seems to be solving the issue for many....

I’m calling Arlo every day from here on out to complain about this until they resolve it.

It shouldn’t take that from customers to wake up and resolve major issues. If I wasn’t so deeply invested in this system I would drop all of this junk and never give this company an ounce of my consideration or support again....

I just hope it gets resolved. Long-term even if Arlo resolves this issue, there will be many more based on my short 3-month run with Arlo so far and reading ongoing horror stories from the long-time owners....

With this sort of a customer experience and lack of service in every post I read - they will be out of business in 2-3 years tops anyways.

So what happens at that point? All of our equipment becomes paper weights I guess - because without a network base and remote server it’s completely useless.

No company can or should survive when they overtly bastardize and ignore their customers concerns like this.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Keck

Do you have a USB drive plugged into the base station for local recording?

If not that may be the only reason your not having the offline issue.... if you have a USB in there without any issues I’m calling Arlo non-stop until they send me a new base.....

So tired of this B.S.... I’m a business professional and don’t have time to be running down my security device manufacturer every other day - nor should I have to!!!

GET IT TOGETHER ARLO
Keck
Star
Star
@Mjbeuke

I have not plugged in my USB hard drive yet. I wanted to give it a few days, so I can monitor without it. I’ll try to format it tonight and see what happens.
AndrewCH
Guide
Guide
For your information, I can tell that my base station goes off line at least once every 24 hours because when I check the motion sensitivity of my five cameras, they have all reverted from my set values to the default 80%. I have a USB stick plugged into the base station.
Krystoff
Guide
Guide
Same model but UK here
Seems to have been fairly stable for over a week here looking back at the daily cloud recordings, hope they sort you out soon
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

we have bean running 2 alro pro vmb 4000 base stations one with and one without usb flash drives. for the last at least over 24-36 hours i have not noticed any base station going offline- however one base would not record motion at all temporaily until i removed the usb and then put it back in later. also another base would not record to the usb flash drive until it was factory reset. the recordings on the flash drive are all out of order also.  i was also getting emails saying the usb flash drive was full on the base even though i had overwrite on and the flash drive was empty - just re formatted and it the base was not able to record to the flash drive during that time for some unknown reason. i am not sure what is going on with the usb drives. but we factory reset the bases this morning and they seem to be ok at the moment and have not bean going offline even with the usb plugged in. they are running the newest firmware. at the moment they are recording to the drives. this is all way too much trouble - and too much time spent on this 

ArloFish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also on the 4th week of a base station that is unable to update it's firmware and all my cameras are offline.  I've tried every fix suggested on the community site but nothing has brought it back to life.

The system has never been a perfect solution, but at least it worked well enough to give me some sense of security.  At this point, I bought a Ring doorbell and am looking at their add on cameras as an alternative.  Terrible customer service on the part of Arlo and Netgear will mean that I never buy another Netgear product again.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

"So tired of this B.S.... I’m a business professional and don’t have time to be running down my security device manufacturer every other day - nor should I have to!!!"

I here you Mjbeuke, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. I need to check this thing to see when it's not working daily because it dysfunctions and goes offline a couple times each day & night. Redicuous, my time wasted! Arlo does nothing. Had I known! 

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Today one of the base stations vmb4000 did something a little different. For some time the internet light went out but then came back on flickered and then went out for a while. Then again. Usually that means the base is offline. Because there was no motion detection or recordings at this time and we were in front of the camera. But usually the app would say getting status or getting information for the mode. And the little icons under each camera picture would be gone. However today the app looked normal. The icons were all there and the mode displayed correctly. It was just the internet light on the base going out and then on and no motion or recordings. This went on for some time and then stopped. Maybe around 20 minutes. The base didn’t reboot itself it just came back online. We had a usb flash drive plugged in. We had also bean having problems with the base sending emails saying the Sd card was full even though our flash drive was empty and we had overwrite on. The base was also not recording anything to the flash drive. This happened all of a sudden. We had to factory reset the base for the flash drive to work again. Every day since the May firmware update things are always going haywire.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Offline since 6:44 PM and it's now 8:48!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no mention of ANY ISSUES of there server site. 

This company, I'm bailing.

ab9624
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have read through so many responses and frustrations on this community and still no response from Arlo. What happened to plug and play!! I wish I would've known of the complications. I think it's ridiculous that you had to file a complaint to get some attention. BTW, my issue is with my WD 1TB external. I also stopped receiving motion notifications. The more I type the more frustrated I'm getting!!! 😡
NicheFarmer
Star
Star

FYI, I have only seen the motion sensitivity changes twice in the last month. Once, I just noticed it was reset to 80% while I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting a lot of motion detection. The second time, however, I noticed that the battery charged (blue) light was lit on one of the cameras. (I leave it off because my cameras are all plugged in.) When I checked, I found not only was the Camera LED was on but the Motion Sensitivity, Power Management and Push Notifications were all changed. It wasn't changed on any of the other cameras at that time. It only happened those two times out of many outages over the last month. However, I have seen the systems resetting themselves (lights on the base station) and the Flicker Adjustment changed (I keep it set at 60 Hz but it goes to Auto when reset) many times.

I will also mention that since I turned off USB Device Recording (I didn't unplug them assuming turning it off should do the same thing) I haven't noticed any outages.

John-Paul
Guide
Guide
Basestation and cameras aren’t recording and offline all the times did fresh reboots talked to teaching support they haven’t helped me with problems.
Still owe me money for shipping cost...

We looking into lawyers to sue for money back and or brand new system .

They company doesn’t care about there Customers
AndrewCH
Guide
Guide

ChinJing

I will wait a week and see how you get on. If Arlo solves the offline/USB/camera sensitivity issues for you, then the fix will work for us all. If there is no solution in a week I will also file a BBB complaint. Thank you for telling us, which I had not heard about and also for your time spent talking to Arlo tech.

Mozyone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support team,

I suggest that you provide us with your older release until you fix this current bug with basestations going offline.

I am sure that you do have the previous versions of the firmware in your archives. Until you have solved this issue, it's best to

give us the previous release so that we can sleep at night again. 

I hope that someone from your support team that can engage with us on this nasty bug.

Thanks!

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

I safely unplugged my 1TB hd last night. All was well until my last recording at 9:15 AM this morming and it 11:35 AM and its stlll offline. This system and Arlo support is terrible. Glad I got the Best Buy protection plan. I'm exchanging this POS.

Noelia
Aspirant
Aspirant

@'m still having the same problem. Are you having it too?

maggie6983
Tutor
Tutor

Yes but it seems to be less often than it was...

Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, still going offline multiple times a day, twice today so far, no time zone shifts anymore. Power cycling base recovers functionality, still using USB backup devices. Happy to be a control sample.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We had one base running with a flash drive and one without they were both ok for about a day but then the one with the flash drive started going offline again. Then We were contacted by tech support who said we should remove our usb flash drive and that they believe the usb is causing the base stations to go offline. We have found that the base we removed the flash drive from is doing a lot better it’s not going offline all day long anymore.
Js68street
Star
Star
Was offline for 5 days (no flash drive) emailed tech support and received ZERO response even now after 8 says nothing! all this despite generating a case number and their auto generated email confirmed they Did receive my email. Finally called customer service and requested a replacement base station had to jump through the try this try that routine and pay $16 for shipping but as of tonight i finally have a working system again. Arlo/Netgear knows they have a problem but as of now refuses to except that and do whatever it takes to reassure "us" the customers that they will do what it takes to make it right