Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Many people have said their base stations keep going offline but the moderators take our threads and merge them so they end up buried and hard to find. This has bean going on for weeks. Maybe someone should contact people like CNET, consumer reports, and other websites to report this issue because they recommend arlo products and review them. I have tried to contact arlo support so many times and was promised a call back and update and got nothing many times. It’s just exasperating to deal with arlo because they won’t even acknowledge that there is an offline issue. Their status page never says there is any issues yet there are many including usb drives not formatting. What is the arlo status page for ? It seems like to make it look like everything is running smoothly when in fact it’s not. There are probably 500 posts about offline issues.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

our app says we need to do a firmare update otherwise we cannot do live view- but the update doesnt work- it just goes back to the old firmware version - the one with all the problems - and says error 4403. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ChinJing wrote:
What is the arlo status page for ?

Visit the status page and it should be pretty obvious:

It is there to tell you if the cloud system and the servers are working.

Arlo does not, and should not, know if your system has a firmware issue.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Stupot1947
Guide
Guide

@ChinJing wrote:

our app says we need to do a firmare update otherwise we cannot do live view- but the update doesnt work- it just goes back to the old firmware version - the one with all the problems - and says error 4403. 

None too helpful!

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

My app also said there was an update available this morning. Ran into teh same issue as @ChinJing . 

Wouldn;t update from iOS App .... from laptop access I received 4403 error.

I cycled power and the update succeeded.

Now, whether the update does any GOOD or not , remains to be seen .

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@vizsla4084 wrote:

My app also said there was an update available this morning. Ran into teh same issue as @ChinJing . 

Wouldn;t update from iOS App .... from laptop access I received 4403 error.

I cycled power and the update succeeded.

Good feedback. I assume that was the hub that was power cycled.

Anyone else tried this? Or some other way of forcing the update? Factory reset? (Only do that as a last resort.)

How about @ChinJing?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry.... Yes, I cycled pwer on the base station / hub , and the Firmware update completed .

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I receive the update to 2754 to my 4000r3 base station last night.

I am going to resync my doorbell and chime as well - as every time my base station randomly reset my doorbell would lose pairing with the front door camera and the chime..... super annoying....

Here’s to hoping that Arlo fixed the rebooting issue, and the time change issue. I was having both problems - and I actually called Arlo and reported 4 issues yesterday....
1) 4000 base station freezing up
2) doorbell/chime losing pairing with front door camera every time the base station freezes.... cannot be paired and has to be removed and completely resynced to get it working again....
3) cameras resolution decreased significantly recently
4) time zone changes to Pacific upon freeze/reboot....

I’m really hoping they addressed at least the frikking freezing and doorbell pairing issue with this go around
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have 2 base stations both revision 3 hardware. One has the firmware mentioned by me as the latest. The other has the version mentioned by you folks. Both base stations state they have the latest version. Perplexing but my ayatems are running fine and have been since yesterday after a 1.5 hour outage.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
After a few hours this morning with the base power cycling itself and going offline several times - the update finally came through. We will keep monitoring to see if the offline issue persists or not. For the past 2 weeks or so - some days the base would be ok for 20 hours and then suddenly offline. Other times it would go offline several 5 or more times a day. This was after almost 2 years of not really any problems. The frustration I have comes from calling customer support for many issues such as usb drives not working or formatting and the base going offline only to be told it was my device only and try another usb or get another base. Only to find out a week later someone else says these are known issues and I am out a few hundred bucks. We just have so many issues with arlo. We have had so many issues with their biking department also. Trying to use the online rma and it not going through but charging my card 6x. Someone else in the community said my account possibly had a problem and that’s why my base was going offline. So I canceled our subscription and signed up with a new email but never got any refund for the arlo elite i had paid 1 year for only 3 months ago. We never could get any issues resolved with billing despite sending them pictures of our credit card statement. Luckily our credit card company is helping to get refunds for all these charges.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Per the Arlo release notes cersion ending in 2754 is the latest and it was written only to fix the time zone change iasue.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I saw that too.... I am still hopeful that the two issues were connected. Seems like some people only had one issue or the other - but quite a few had both the freezing/offline base and also the time zone change issue....

I am so hopeful it fixes both.... the time zone I can deal with by adjusting things by an hour.... the freezing/reboots are super annoying because it keeps making my doorbell completely non-functional when it happens... I don’t even know if someone is at my door!!!

If that’s not fixed I’m reinstalling my damn regular doorbell - I can’t keep relying on my video doorbell that doesn’t do a single thing it’s designed to do.....

ZERO issues before the 2798 firmware with any of this crap.

Fingers crossed they got it right for once - but the way things have been going I’m not holding my breath....
linda185
Star
Star

Since the update this morning things should be better. Well, the time zone does not change anymore, but the base station still goes offline even more frequently then before the update...

Any one experiencing the same?

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

I received the update as well. 

I have little cofidence this will fix the issue with the system going offline though. We'll see!

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Alro/Netgear is still not lisiting this as an issue in their site! Why????!!!

https://status.arlo.com

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@wellfleetion wrote:

Alro/Netgear is still not lisiting this as an issue in their site! Why????!!!

https://status.arlo.com

Sigh. I thought we had been through that before.

It isn't there because it is not related to the availability of the cloud service and access to the Arlo servers.

Read the labels.

They do not cover things like broken app and dodgy firmware, the issues that  most people think have caused the time zone issue.

Think of it like this, if your Internet service has a problem with the cables and network hardware, for example, its status pages will say nothing about the customers' modems.

You may not like it that it does not report the bugs on your network,  but that is how that the status page works.

There are other places for this sort of thing. Here, for example.

Just another user
Cvpi71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here...
Why can’t Arlo fix this issues.. it’s now being annoying. The front base station offline again..
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
NOPE - Base station has already rebooted and my doorbell, camera, and chime got disconnected again.... FAIL..... this update does nothing for the freezes/reboots
Cvpi71
Aspirant
Aspirant
For the other base station, If I set my camera to record 2 minutes, why is it just recording 24 seconds or 35 seconds.. WTF 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Twowildones2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro 2, out 8f 4 camera's 2 are offline how do I fix this problem?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Bummer.

Has anyone started a new discussion on the disconnects yet?

It needs it.

Just another user
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
If and when there is a discussion around the disconnects I hope someone posts a link as I certainly would love to jump in on that one as well!!!
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
My base station has gone offline 2 times today. It seems that after the firmware update the base station went semi offline again at least once maybe 2 times. When it goes in this offline status- the internet light in the middle of the base station went off - and then after some time the base station power cycled itself - then it came back online. When it goes semi offline it doesn’t say in the app your base station is offline - it just says getting status for each camera and there is no battery icon underneath each camera picture. Will continue to monitor but the base is still going offline well after the firmware update.
LuckyArlo
Star
Star

Mines been offline or stuck on getting status a lot lately for the past few weeks now. For me, temporary fixing the problem by cycle the power on the base station. The problem comes back every so often again. The newest update didn’t fix the offline issue.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary

Every single day, I have to tell my Base Station that it is in Central Time.

It keeps switching to Pacific Time.

How do I fix this?  Or do you need to fix on your end?

This is not acceptable.