Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Michelle08
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got tired of always having to take down my camera to charge it so I ended up buying an outdoor charger for it. Well now at least once a day the camera will start recording and it’s all kind of wavy and distorted. Then it will stop recording until I end up restarting the base station. I don’t really know what to do cause I like not having to charge it, has anyone else experienced this?

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, do you get something like in the attached video before the camera stops live viewing?
8A553356-E44A-4670-9891-41DBC9D08710.png
Michelle08
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, that’s exactly what it looks like!
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have the same issue with all my pro2 cameras since purchasing them in 2019.

Arlo is aware of the issue but have not resolved it so likely to be hardware related. I believe they have made some improvements to reduce the recurrence but it still happens for me every week or so.

The issue occurs when you have external power connected and have the camera constantly monitoring.

The method I use to resolve this issue is to de power the external power supply for a few minutes then re power and this usually resets the camera encoder.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

The method I use to resolve this issue is to de power the external power supply for a few minutes then re power and this usually resets the camera encoder.

Just wondering - do you have the battery installed in the camera?  

Michelle08
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was hoping there was already a solution but I guess for now I will stick with your method. Thanks!
Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, batteries installed, have tried without batteries and the same, swapped batteries, swapped chargers, swapped locations, swapped Base stations, swapped location of base stations. Opened fault cases etc, warranty ran out. Arlo lost interest.

I have them on smart plugs to power cycle chargers when they fail.

As mentioned, only an issue if externally powered by AC and set for constant monitoring rules.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation