Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of my cameras stopped working after latest firmware. Tried removing camera, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Gnobbe
Guide
Guide

After the latest firmware update, one of my cameras stopped working as well.  Tried everything customer support suggested, including removing the camera from the base, and tried to re-sync.  After removing, now, the camera will not resync to the base!  Just a blue slow blink light on the camera, then finally an amber light when it times out.  Have tried everything - no luck.  Now, CS says the camera must be defective .... but, the camera is over a year old and Arlo will not replace it.  Keep in mind, this camera was fine prior to the firmware update - after the update, it is a brick.  As we all know, these cameras are expensive, and Arlo has let me hang on this one.  I am fine paying more to get more - but, now do not believe I am getting more.  I am very disappointed!  I still have 3 working cameras and will be very reluctant to do any future firmware updates.  Arlo offered a small discount for me to buy another camera, but I am reluctant to do that as well - why should pay that much and trust Arlo wont let me hang again down the road.   Again, very disappointed.

3 REPLIES 3
GeeNuggett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here but one firmware upgrade hindered all 5 cameras offline. Now none reconnect to the base

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GeeNuggett

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Could either of you post date that firmware was done and what is that firmware number. I recently did a post about one of my cameras not working but my other 4 work fine. This all started in the last week .Thanks in advance.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation