Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Cannot login into myarlo

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TPetrich
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no problems with the Arlo app on my iPhone, but I cannot log into the Arlo Web Portal on my Mac.

I am running Mac OS 10.14.6 and using Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TPetrich wrote:

You are right.  I do have it on. I didn’t realize I did that. Do I have to turn it off before activating my account using my Mac?

You should be able to log in with it on.  But I suggest turning it off (at least as a test), and see if you can log in from the Mac.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's the exact issue? How far do you get? Do you have 2FA enabled?

TPetrich
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have 2-step verification active.

When attempting to log into the portal I have tried entering the 6-digit code generated from my iPhone's app and I have also  tried tried a different verification method, entering a code emailed me.  In both cases the "processing circle" simply keeps spinning.  I've left it like this for 30 minutes and it does not stop.

The funny thing is, as this is happening the app on my phone states that I have been logged out of the Arlo app as I have logged in on another device.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TPetrich wrote:

I do not have 2-step verification active.

When attempting to log into the portal I have tried entering the 6-digit code generated from my iPhone's app and I have also  tried tried a different verification method, entering a code emailed me.

This sure sounds like you do have 2-step verification enabled.

TPetrich
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen,

You are right.  I do have it on. I didn’t realize I did that. Do I have to turn it off before activating my account using my Mac?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TPetrich wrote:

You should be able to log in with it on.  But I suggest turning it off (at least as a test), and see if you can log in from the Mac.

TPetrich
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was finally able to login on my Mac, once I turned off 2 Factor Auth.
Thank you
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation