Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New app update is a complete disaster - again

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
I_In_The_Sky
Aspirant
Aspirant

After updating nothing followed Into to new app and Arlo system does not work. I have reset, deleted, reinstalled, updated, turned on/off power several times and no improvement. It just spins and does not find. 
It is clear, from reading in this forum, that I am not alone. Everyone has these problems. For the price of these systems, it is not acceptable these weeks of down time. I want my money back. Every time there is an update some problems arise. How can we trust you now?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @I_In_The_Sky

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue with devices not following to the new app? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just wanted to add couple of observations for iOS version of the App running on iPhone XS Max:

1. Badge notifications (red dot with numbers in the upper right corner of App’s icon) are no longer working! This been broken for some time now and I wonder if it still works for other users. Personally, I’m finding this to be a problem because it is no longer possible to see if triggering events have occurred by simply glancing at phone screen.
  2. Auto-scroll to top (to scroll up camera list by tapping upper edge of iPhone’s screen) stops working after live view for a camera was activated and stopped. The App must be re-launched for it to start working again. This got broken with last update to App version 2.11.1 dated 11/19/2019.

These are probably not the most critical issues but they do affect usability and indicative to lack of attention to details by developers and unqualified QA team…

I_In_The_Sky
Aspirant
Aspirant

No solutions there.

My base station shows three green lights and the base  station can be seen in the app. Then I do the sync camera process successfully (flashes blue quickly = syncing) but no cameras come up in the app. 
Very disappointed since everything worked well until the app update.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation