App keeps logging one of us out, geofencing not working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jcrain
Guide
Guide

My wife and I both have iPhones with the Arlo app. Both if these are listed as devices which are geofenced.

We regularly find that one of our devices has been logged out of Arlo, and therefore won't trigger the geofencing (either Home or Away), leaving our system exposed.

We will both leave home, only to find that Arlo thinks one of us is still there, and won't arm the system. Similarly, we'll arrive home, and the system won't disarm, until we both log in, change mode to arm or disarm, and then back to geofencing.

The trouble is, neither of us know when this happens. The Arlo app doesn't tell us that we've been logged out until we go into it, which defeats the purpose of geofencing. We also don't understand why either of us would be logged out when we haven't touched the app.

This is very confusing and frustrating, any tips would be gratefully received.

Jamie

Model: VMB4500 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you both using the primary account's login or is one of you using an account that was granted access? If the former, the primary user should use Settings, Grant Access to the other's email address.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To add to what jguerdat mentioned, if you log in to the web portal you will be signed out of the Arlo mobile app and vice versa.

jcrain
Guide
Guide

No, I am the primary, with my wife having a separate access that has been granted.

jcrain
Guide
Guide

"To add to what jguerdat mentioned, if you log in to the web portal you will be signed out of the Arlo mobile app and vice versa."

That is not the issue. I have logged in to the web portal perhaps once a year.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of iOS are your phones running and which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

Thanks

jcrain
Guide
Guide

iOS 14.6

Arlo 3.2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation