Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices not found

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thomaspsyllos
Follower
Follower

I have had these cameras since 2020. Suddenly I stopped getting notifications. I also shared access with my wife, she recently got an update and when the update was completed she lost the cameras in the app and now the app will not find the devices. Anyone had this happened before?  

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Unfortunately yes, arlo is forcing users to upgrade the arlo app UI which is not compatible with the original arlo app UI.

The original UI shows you have a library page where the new UI shows you a feed page. Both UI versions are contained within the same app but the arlo account determines which UI is set.

Arlo is forcing all new accounts to the feed UI, there is no path to revert to the original version.

The best approach is to not upgrade until arlo sorts out the mess that has been ongoing for over 12 months.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

The best approach is to not upgrade until arlo sorts out the mess that has been ongoing for over 12 months.

@Thomaspsyllos: Well, if the friend account is on Feed, then the only way to get the friend account feature to work is to migrate the primary account to "Feed" as well.  There can be challenges, which is why @DannyBearAgain is suggesting that you wait.  "Feed" doesn't have any custom modes, and many users here have struggled to get scheduling and geofencing to work (often giving up).  And there is no way to migrate back to "Library".

But if you are ok with those caveats, the process is to go into "add device" and start to add a pro 5s camera.  That will of course fail, because you don't own one.  But the workflow will still migrate your account to "Feed".

Obviously make sure that your wife's account is actually showing "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app, and not "Library" before doing this.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation