Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iTODOS Solar Panel

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AllUsedUp
Tutor
Tutor

That charger on the Amazon site says it uses a USB connection.  I assume that is only for the charger end of the cable. Is that correct?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YLPXCH/ref=pe_386300_440135490_TE_simp_item_image?th=1

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not clear to me what the product supplies. The USB connection isn't shown but must be a microUSB connector that plugs into the camera. I have no idea what the battery is that they refer to unless it's an extra battery for the camera - highly unlikely it's somehow integrated into the solar panel.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

It's not clear to me what the product supplies. The USB connection isn't shown but must be a microUSB connector that plugs into the camera. I have no idea what the battery is that they refer to unless it's an extra battery for the camera - highly unlikely it's somehow integrated into the solar panel.

Not something I own, so hopefully someone who purchased one will chime in.

But per Amazon, the battery mentioned is built into the panel. There's no technical reason why that couldn't be done, and it could help if there are several cloudy days.  

This YouTube video doesn't talk about the details (only covering installation), but looking at the panel, it appears to have a battery built into the back (and for some reason has an on/off switch).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation