Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Re: Android app update Nov 21 broke app!

I'm having the same issues. I am not impressed.
Message 301 of 457
Aspirant

Android app update Nov 21 broke app!

Stoped Receiving push notifications. App freezes up and cameras Don't load up when you go to turn them on. I've had my camera system for 4 1/2 years now and never had a problem until now. I'm not impressed at the moment because I'm going through a situation where my house has to be monitored 24/7 as my sister is living with me and she is on the run from her abusive boyfriend who's not allowed on the property. I'm also having a problem where it says in the app that the camera is off line. in order to get the camera to start working again I have to go out and take the batteries out and put them back in to reset the camera. I hope somebody within the company can come up with a solution to fix the problem so my cameras can go back to working 100% again.
Message 302 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Latest Android update 2.6.3_23000 Nov 2018 - What are they thinking?

Since the update I have had nothing but trouble with arlo on my Samsung S7 edge. Notifications are delayed and I now have multiple notification tones (9) when it does finally notify. I have tried all the fixes that have been previously posted to no avail. I wish I could roll back the software.

Message 303 of 457
Guru

Re: Arlo Q

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Message 304 of 457
Guru

Re: Android app 2.6..3_23000

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

Message 305 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Arlo has stopped

Having the same problem with Android on Samsung, have wasted a great deal of time about time Net Gear  fixes there problem or refunds moneys spent on systems. Maybe a class action would bw oin order

Message 306 of 457
Guru

Re: Arlo App on Android Phone Does Not Work

Message 307 of 457
Guru

Re: Arlo App Crashing and missing alerts

What devices an OSes? Have you tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app?

Message 308 of 457
Guru

Re: Arlo app not loading.

For the record, I've tried clearing cache and data as well as clearing both and reinstalling the app immediately afterwards with no help. It apparently can help some but not all.

Message 309 of 457
Aspirant

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 310 of 457
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Arlo app not starting after update (Android)

Here is my screen shot if they don't believe you.

Message 311 of 457
Aspirant

Arlo pro stopped on Samsung Galaxy express prime 2 _ message on ph , arlo has stopped

Purchased Arlo pro 2 in Mar of 2018, worked great until last week received a message on Samsung galaxy express prime phone that Arlo has stopped. its working great on my Samsung S8. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled still not working, any suggestions?

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 312 of 457

I'm sure they believe me, I sent them the screen shot. People have already posted the same screenshots on here. I think they are just trying to buy time and stall while they figure out what to do about it. Calling them really did nothing at all. I get the feeling that maybe it is not enough people complaining for them to address it and they are not losing any money from it so there is no rush on their end for a solution. I did leave a 3 star review of the system on Amazon just to let others know that they are not too concerned apparently about doing testing for updates or resolving the issues when they find them.

Message 313 of 457
Aspirant

Crashing app 68 times since new Android Nov 21 update

Help - I have uninstalled app - reinstalled app too many times in the last couple oif days and system is still crashing.  I have had Arlo on my Samsung J7 since March 2018 - no problems like this.  All I get is a screen that says "ARLO has stopped" Send Feedback"

Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
Message 314 of 457
Highlighted
Aspirant

Works on my OnePlus 6, but not on my partners Samsung S8. She gets the "Arlo has stopped working" alerts and has since broken Geofencing. We have to manually arm/disarm. 

Was wondering what had happened. 

Message 315 of 457
Guide

Re: Crashing app 68 times since new Android Nov 21 update

You're not alone. It seems to be an issue with our Samsung J7 Neo phones. I keep having to uninstall the app and then go to www.arkmirror.com and search for Arlo, then scroll down to the Oct. 30, 2018 update and download that. Then on your phone, check notifications and you'll see the download and when you click on that, you get the option to install. It's a large pain in the backside. I'm thinking I need a Ring system instead :-(

Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
Message 316 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Android app crashes on launch (2.6.3_23000)

I am having same problem on my galaxy j7, however my surface app is working fine so it has to do with this latest update for for android phone. How can I go back to the last update because it seems that this may take some time to get a fix or good update.
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 317 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Arlo app not loading.

Yes. I just found out how to clear cache and data and it didn't help. I loaded the arlo app on my new tablet and it is working on it. I am now suspecting it is the Samsung J7's that have an update issue. I'll be swinging by Costco and finding out at the kiosk if someone there knows how to fix it. Whatever I am able to find out, I will report back.

Message 318 of 457
Guide

Re: Arlo App on Android Phone Does Not Work

Welcome to my world. I have a Samsung J7 that I bought because I needed an affordable Android phone to use with this camera. I was happy with my previous Windows phone, but Arlo is antiquated and doesn't support the Windows platform. I have been having the same issues. If you uninstall the app from your phone, then go to the internet to www.arkmirror.com and in the search, look for "Arlo" and scroll down past a ton of Google ads and you'll see a list of prior updates. Choose the Oct. 30, 2018 and on the right click to download. You'll scroll down some more and see something about available Arks (I have no idea, I'm a senior citizen). Choose the Oct. 30, 2018 again if prompted, and it should begin to download. Give it a few minutes. When it's done, you should be able to do the pulldown at the top of your phone for notifications and you'll see the recent download. Click on that and there's an option to install. Do that, and then it will tell you to open. Do that, and you should be functioning again. You may have to repeat this daily until the Netgear people get this resolved :-(

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 319 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Crashing app 68 times since new Android Nov 21 update

Thank you - I will try that now!  And I am thinking of a different system too

Message 320 of 457
Aspirant

Cannot open arlo from phone; message reads "arlo has stopped". Argh.....

Message 321 of 457
Aspirant

I received notification on Saturday, 24 Nov that my arlo app stopped/crashed.  I called and spoke to an Arlo technician and was told that the email account associated with my arlo app infected my app and for $199 they could fix it.  I declined. 

Message 322 of 457
Aspirant

Re: It looks like this stream is unavailable

Lastnight it works but not this morning.  I guess because Chromecast is actually getting the stream from the Arlo server and not directlly from the basestation.  Also depending on which Arlo server you're connecting to.  

Not like streaming on the apps everything is local.

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera , VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 323 of 457
Initiate

Arlo app absolutely will not work on my Samsung j7

I have uninstalled the arlo app several times also I've changed the battery usage options, cleared caches, changed all permission options for the app and it absolutely will not even open on my phone. Samsung j7.
Message 324 of 457

Arlo Keeps Stopping

I'm adding to the fustration of the "Arlo app not working".  As of November 24, 2018 my Arlo app on my android has stopped working.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled but i keep getting "arlo keeps stopping" "send feedback" message. 

I can access the site from my laptop and iPad but it will not open on my phone.  The purpose of having the app on my phone is to monitor activity when i'm traveling and dont carry a laptop or iPad with me all the time. 

Please get this fixed soon!   Its basically useless to me if i cannot access the app with my phone.  

Message 325 of 457