Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I just did the latest November 21 update for the Arlo Android app. After I did the update, the app popped up with a notification that said it needed new permissions and would need to push out notifications to my phone. I thought that was fine because that's the way it's always been, but I've never seen this notification come from the app. The next thing that popped up was that it was asking for permission to make phone calls, which I denied because I don't want Arlo to make phone calls for me. I only have the basic. I was told  that with the Premium plan, the app can call 911. Nevertheless, the only permissions I've ever given Arlo is for notifications, and it worked just fine before.

After a bit of troubleshooting, it's very clear that denying the Arlo app the ability to make phone calls breaks the app. I can get into the Mode screen, but then the app does not allow me to do anything further. That means I can't arm or disarm cameras. I can't set up zones; I can't do scheduling; I can't do anything that I would need to do through the Mode screen. This is true for both Arlo Q and Pro 2 cameras on my app.

I did call customer support, and he took notes, gave me case #, and said someone would get back to me. So if you are having the same problems please call them and let them know....

456 REPLIES 456
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh - my previous post is empty.

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

rl67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues started for me the same day. Really aggravating as I use my smart phone to keep a check on the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

Try using the phone number instead of chat.

Mexirish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a new phone, decided I didn't like it, and went back to my old Android phone where the Arlo App had been working beautifully. Because I had wiped clean my old device before using the new phone, I went ahead and reinstalled Arlo into the older phone. With the older phone that Arlo had been working perfectly with, I am unable to see my cameras and am not able to log in to the app, yet still receive audible notifications. I am able to log in to my Arlo account on my laptop via Chrome. I constantly get error messages on my phone saying to close the App, which I have done many, many times, and never get past the error message. The App constantly says "Arlo has stopped. Send feedback." The Arlo logo looks different than it did when I switched phones as well. Please help. We have the Costco cameras, the small ones that were purchased in 2018.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

NateB31
Aspirant
Aspirant
Fixed it on my wife's Sony XZ1 Compact by getting the previous version (Oct 30th). My Xiaomi MI A2 hasn't had any issues with it. Phones on Android 8 and 8.1, respectively.

I set my wife's phone to not auto update the app in Google play
mandms7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine stopped working today. It was working fine yesterday or the day before, and now I can't view my Arlo cameras through Google Home. I tried disconnecting my Arlo account from Google Home and reconnecting, and now the account won't link. Something going on with Arlo's authorization system or something.

Rock-Chick
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app on my android phone suddenly wont work.  It was working fine 2 days ago.  I have tried uninstalling the app and then installing a new one but still having the same problem.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  

jbarryp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone else having difficulty with the November 20, 2018 release? I can't arm/disarm my system or change the notification tone.

cointoss1
Aspirant
Aspirant

having the same issue. mode works on my pc but stopped on my android. cannot change arm or disarm or set recording time or change settings.great job support. maybe u should test these updates before u push them on us. luckly the pc doesn't update the firmware.

hope they fix it soon not much good if u cannot arm or disarm the system

BrianBrumit
Initiate
Initiate

I just "talked" to someone via the Live Chat, and they told me that it was a software program and that their "engineers" and i use that term lightly because of my major in college, were working on a solution.  That means a whole lot of squat to me!  This is rediculous!

And the idea for me to use another device, doesn't help me because I am trying to use it on my phone when I leave the house, i can't take my laptop or computer with me to work, so please have more reasonable advice. I appreciate the advice, but it doesn't help, sorry.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bestusernameev
Guide
Guide

I think from scanning the 10 pages now of comments that it is becoming clear that there was an update done on Wednesday and it looks like android phones no longer can open the app. I spent 45 minutes on the phone Saturday talking to someone from tech support and they wanted a screenshop of my "Arlo has stopped working". Have not heard a word back like everyone else. I get the feeling that not too many people with this company really care about the issue. This was an expensive product to be left hanging like this. You either have to wait for them to get around to fixing it, buy an iphone so the app works, or buy another camera system. I tihnk I am going with another system at this point.

FelixT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue on my Android.
cece1481
Aspirant
Aspirant

my arlo app won't work at all

JPPI
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app suddenly won't connect. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it back with my phone and still has the same issue. Can someone please provide some guidance? My phone isna Damsung J7. Thanks in advance.
molane7732
Aspirant
Aspirant

App was working on Galaxy J7V Android phone.  With recent update, when you click on the app, it states, Arlo has stopped.  The app has been removed and reloaded several times, but will never come up.  Just says Arlo has stopped.  The same app is on another phone, Galaxy S8+ and works with no problem.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

RickDizzle
Star
Star
Friends...few days back, my Arlo app on mine and my girlfriends phone asked for permissions to make an alert and make calls. Hit yes to both. Since then, the App is crashing when I am on the phone on my S7 edge and both myself and my girlfriend do not always get notifications. Its recording and showing activity but not sending alerts to our phones consistently. Not all the time just intermittently. But enough its worrying me. And yes our push notifications are on. Thanks in advance.
MannyF52
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing happened to me-I deleted the Date and chache restarted and it seemed to work but then it quit working-UGH any other ideas???

manny

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Not to sure at this point because I am running the Arlo app on Android 5.1.1, 6.01 and 7.1.1 and it's working as it should here. Maybe contact Support. I am guessing it's something to do with the device and or an app that may be conflicting with it.
Support Center

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Mommystallyho
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem as the other two that have written in.  My arlo quit working yesterday, 11/24/18. My husbands about a week ago. We both have Samsung J7's, which seems to be a common denominator with the others. I have to admit, I have no idea how to go in and clear the data and the cache. But it seems to have not helped the others. When you spend money on a system for security and have had the problems we have had, now this. 

Does anyone out there have any answers. In essence my security is useless right now because we cannot get the app to load so that we can turn the security on and off.

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the latest update I’m also not getting every notification, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t, there are camera recordings there I’ve not been notified about!!! Happening on iOS as well as android.
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the latest update I’m not getting every notification, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t, there are camera recordings there I’ve not been notified about!!! Happening on iOS as well as android.
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the latest update I’m also not getting every notification, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t, there are camera recordings there I’ve not been notified about!!! Happening on iOS as well as android.

Anyone got an old version or know where to get one for Android at least? Phone is an old Motorola Moto 4G with Android v5. Thanks.
Pete_Fin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue as well. Arlo App stop working in my Sony Xperia after latest update. Is there any way to install old version of the app to get this back to work ? Seems that Netgeasr is not fixing this with high priority. Thanks.