Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I just did the latest November 21 update for the Arlo Android app. After I did the update, the app popped up with a notification that said it needed new permissions and would need to push out notifications to my phone. I thought that was fine because that's the way it's always been, but I've never seen this notification come from the app. The next thing that popped up was that it was asking for permission to make phone calls, which I denied because I don't want Arlo to make phone calls for me. I only have the basic. I was told  that with the Premium plan, the app can call 911. Nevertheless, the only permissions I've ever given Arlo is for notifications, and it worked just fine before.

After a bit of troubleshooting, it's very clear that denying the Arlo app the ability to make phone calls breaks the app. I can get into the Mode screen, but then the app does not allow me to do anything further. That means I can't arm or disarm cameras. I can't set up zones; I can't do scheduling; I can't do anything that I would need to do through the Mode screen. This is true for both Arlo Q and Pro 2 cameras on my app.

I did call customer support, and he took notes, gave me case #, and said someone would get back to me. So if you are having the same problems please call them and let them know....

456 REPLIES 456
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sorry to hear that. Couple of other things, that could help. Maybe. After force stopping and clearing cache and data, and uninstalling go to Cloud and Accounts>Back Up and Restore. Under Google Account, turn off Automatic restore. If you have Samsung Cloud on the same page do a Back Up Data, and when that finishes do a Restor Data (all this with the app gone, the Samsung back up and restore takes only a few minutes. this is not a factory reset and nothing will be lost). relaod from Play store. In a couple of cases where the first routine alone failed, the addition of that helped me. Again, it may be a bug that is uncurable for your device due to new app code, but this may be worth a try to rule out user fix. 

ngmtn
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the advice. I have the Google feature turned off and I don't use the Samsung BU so these should not be an issue. Would be nice if we could go back to the version of the app before all of these problems. The updates have not included any ne features that I am interested in but have broken everything that was working. Still no response from Arlo....

mjanesinjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted Support Via Chat and Phone. Both said a fix should come within 24 hours. 

Keep your fingers crossed!!

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice

AllenSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo App not working with Android J7 2018 either.

Sc2
Tutor
Tutor
Yep same.

If you allow permissions it crashes with every phone call and I don't receive any notifications nor does it record while on calls.

If you don't allow it, you can't turn the cameras on or off, you can't do live feed, and the alerts you do receive have a 5 minute delay.

This is not ok! I'm less than 24hrs into this nonsense and considering trashing these cams since they no longer function the way I need.
Lm1Gallagher
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have not been able to open the app for 2 days. Force stop didn't work, uninstall reinstall didn't work?

Nem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having issues with the Nov 18 update. I can no longer change modes on my phone. I have to use my tablet which has the Oct 18 version.

TricM
Tutor
Tutor

Have Galaxy 7 samsung:  Arlo App when pushed states Arlo has topped send feedback.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Didn't work.  Looks like there was an update on 11/21/18 and this appeared 11/22/18.  Camera work fine. Computer works fine.

Henchen8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app is not working on my new Samsung Tab S4.....Is there an update or fix available?

That would be great! 

drahcir61
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same problem which started yesterday (11/22).  Click the Arlo app & immediately a msg box appears, "Arlo has stopped.  Send Feedback (option)".

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7.  I've uninstalled & reinstalled the Arlo app three times.  Also rebooted my phone several times.  The Arlo app is no longer working ... HELP!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Doesn't happen with all phones. I have 3 devices and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to raaise awareness.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
You guys must be in the states. Down here at the bottom of the world, in New Zealand we have no support.. Live chat never connects, phone support is only in USA. I for the life of me can not find how to email or set up a "ticket".
My smart camera is all whakapapa'ed up.. I want help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many threads on this already. Doesn't happen with all phones. I have 3 devices and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to raise awareness.

drahcir61
Tutor
Tutor

Just to follow up, my wife's Galaxy 8 has the Arlo app version 2.6.3_23000, released 11/20/18 which is still working.  Hope that helps you narrow the problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing thread on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing thread on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bikerjames
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have never opened a case on this website and can't figure out how to do it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here to add pressure.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

HELP! Can someone help me please??? I have tried uninstalling the Arlo app and then going to the apkmirror.com site and searching Arlo and I find the Oct. 30 update and the download icon, and my phone says it has downloaded, but then I don't have an icon on my phone and I'm stuck! Can someone kindly explain to this not so savvy senior what I am doing wrong????

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see a New Zealand phone number when I select the phone pull-down: