Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

It just started today, there are few motion triggered video clips shown as few hours long.

I downloaded one, it is only 5 MB in size. But when it is playing back, the it is a 5 hours long video. It keeps looping the last sec motion forever.

PS: It is Arlo Pro 2, and wired connected with activity zones. 

Shared Video link:

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/11CF86F290A761B0_201803

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released late last night that resolves this issue. No user interaction is required to see this fix. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue moving forward.

JamesC

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Engineering team is currently working hard toward a resolution for this issue and hopes to have a fix available soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience as we work on a resolution.

JamesC

Dbc516
Star
Star
Same problem.
Luntianisla
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing happening to my Arlo Pro 2 wired. It is started 2 days ago ang now becoming common now everytime a motion is detected. Sometimes it is 3 hrs, 2 hrs, 20 mins, 15 mins.
Hope a new firmware fix comes sooner than later..
Dbc516
Star
Star
Would unplugging the cameras help or eliminate this issue until there is an update or fix? And how will the fix be communicated? Surprised that there are not more “me toos” in this thread.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base and maybe pull power and reinstall the battery (if appropriate) for the cameras. I'm not seeing these problems on anything other thn my Q camera.

TexAg1
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue. Started at the same time.
dalybrian
Initiate
Initiate

I tried doing this multiple time to no avail Smiley Frustrated

I hope the fix happens soon.

Base Firmware: 1.9.8.0_16666
Camera Firmware: 1.125.5.0_17202

Off Topic Question: Does Arlo / Netgear have a status / issues page where users can go to? I think it would be helpful for the Arlo Community.

FirstCup
Star
Star

Have been using for about 2 months with 2 cameras, connected third camera 3 days ago. This problem started with the third camera. Two or three clips will record right then an extra long one, then will record a few correct ones. All the long clips seem to be acculimative, if it is a 40 minute clip, then records a long clip 30 minutes later. The next long clip will be 40 + 30 = 70 min. Have tried everything, good to see I am not alone with this problem.

Thanks Terry

Dbc516
Star
Star
At 4:38 and again at 4:39 this afternoon my arlo library is showing recordings of 4:23:13 or longer. Obviously it cannot be recording two at the same time for that length of time. There were other long recordings added to library today along with a few normal ones. The first time this happened we were checking to make sure we closed garage door and it had “ hung up” with the door at half closed position. Was an uncomfortable few minutes trying to decide if we needed to call someone to close the door or turn around and drive 40+ minutes back home. Then we realized that that at the end of the hour of recording the car was still visible in the video at the corner of the garage window. Then realized that was the second long recording on hay camera.
Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have 3 cameras 2 Pro and 1 Pro 2 the pro2  will somtimes recoard 4hours 15 min, then the set time of 45 sec, then 6 hours 30 min, then back to the set time of 45 sec for 1 or 2 recordings, then 7 hours 3 min.

Any help ????

Roy S.

Paul_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem.  Recordings show going on for minutes or even hours.  Recordings are in fact only 30 seconds or so.  

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is happening to me too .
I’ve tried unplugging and taking battery out and rebooting base unit. Nothing works.

By the way on a slightly unrelated issue. Don’t subscribe to CVR. As soon as I cancelled my subscription all the issues like 3mins of look back instead of 3sec or recordings not savings all these issues disappeared as soon as I cancelled the cvr subscription.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It'sa known issue that being worked on.

Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You !!!

Just a little info... I reset the base and no change to timeing problem!!

OKEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too. Not a problem....just a mis labeling of time length.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Add me to the list.  I had two recordings today that were listed way too long.  Others were fine.  I had one that said it was 35 minutes and another that was listed as over an hour.

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had the issue for over a week, sometimes it sticks to my 30 sec limit, others 2hr of 5hrs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grecoan
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue as well with my pro camera says it’s recording for 6 hours
Dbc516
Star
Star

The "long" recordings continue - it has now been at least 6 days. This morning, I went out to work in the yard and had a recording that shows as 3:27:34 in the iOs App (is this also an issue in the Android app anyone?). I pulled the thumb drive from the base unit and the actual recording is only 19 seconds and the file size is consistent with other recordings in the file. So, it must be an app issue rather than a camera issue. But seems really strange to me that this only occurs with the 1 (of 4) camera that is plugged in rather than running just off battery.

I have restarted base unit and I have switched out the battery (we primarily use the plugged in camera to charge batteries that are then swapped to the other cameras as needed). I have restarted the App, but I have not deleted and reinstalled it yet.

Although it doesn't seem to be a real big issue as the actual recordings are not so huge, those recordings seem to be slow to load on my phone and caused some real concern when we first noticed the issue when checking to see if we closed the garage door - and the recording had "hung" at mid point of the door closing so we thought we had not closed the door. Luckily, live view works and we could see it was actually closed, but then we were trying to decide if maybe a neighbor who knew we were out of town had closed it for us when they noticed it halfway closed. 

orangealum
Star
Star
Same problem here. Please let us know when this we’ll be fixed..
OKEY
Aspirant
Aspirant
2 of my hard wired Pro 2's are doing this and have been for a week
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

For some reason, I can not create active zone on the wired Arlo Pro 2 anymore. The existings zones were removed automatically by Arlo.

marsbar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, i purchased a set of four cameras and two work fine and the other two keep showing recordings that are a few hours long in the library. I know this is incorrect as when I play the recording it plays for 10-15 seconds and then stops. I removed all my devices and re-sinked them but still the same issue. Arlo says its an application issue but this issue has been on going for 2-3 wks now. Anyone else have this problem?
Venkie9910
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

im having some strange recording times on my Pro 2 cameras after the recent blackout from Netgear.   Both in Armed mode and custom modes, my cameras show me strange recording times anything from 2 hrs to 5 hrs. i have not taken the CVR option and am using the recording from the camera based on the motion.

to my base station i have 5 cameras connected, 2 Arlo Pro cameras and 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. all were working fine until the recent blackout and then suddenly i started to see these strange recording times. i wrote to Netgear support and the guy claimed that it could be an software issue on custom modes and asked me to switch to Armed modes but the problem isnt gone either. he then Claimed to tell me that the engineers were fixing the issue related to custom modes and asked me to write to the community to get some answers as well.

the video plays for like anything from 20s to 2minutes but the video recording says 4,22 minutes but nothing plans for 4,22 minutes.

please see attached screen shot

can anyone help with this problem?