Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, Scott. Absolutely, let's make sure that we have our cases open. I did order two new sim cards as recommended by the team. Figured it won't hurt to do that since the cards are something like 5 years old. I'll hold on as they work on this. Also thanks for the email address, it's quite the game with the automated chat to finally get to a person!

BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I do hope they get this figured out.

However, I plan to try a T-Mobile sim in my camera and hope it works.

AT&T charges $20/month

With the small amount of data I use, T-Mobile is charging $5/month

Assuming that the Reolink on T-Mobile continues working (Haven't found it to be offline yet), If the T-Mobile sim in Arlo doesn't work, I'll likely just cancel the AT&T plan and move on.

Why throw away $15/month for substandard service?

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

Let us know if the t-mobile sim card works on it? Interesting. I tried to unlock the cameras via AT&T and it would not work. Maybe they are unlocked and it will work. 

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
I find it interesting that one of my two cameras still shows the bars Icon when offline, like it’s still somewhat connected but has no internet. This is the one that tends to reconnect more often. The second one doesn’t show that icon and hasn’t reconnected in days.
IMG_7653(1).jpg
Obediencedogmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the issue with AT&T going to be resolved any time soon? AT&T we're no help at getting them back to working consistently.
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Looks like Arlo and AT&T are working on it. Make sure to open a case with Arlo to keep them posted of how many of us have the issue.
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor
There’s been no update from the moderator in over a month as far as I can tell, and no solution. My cameras are unreliable and constantly showing as offline. I had originally asked if the phase out of 3G was going to be an issue with no response from Arlo. Everyone please contact the moderator for this topic and ask for an update, as apparently we are getting nowhere .
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Open a case If you haven’t, folks! There are a few threads about this, so not sure it was on this one that a moderator mentioned that Arlo has a team working on it with AT&T. I saw the same at an AT&T forum. Fingers crossed that it’s fixed soon. I’d hate purchasing new cameras.
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor

I don't understand why Arlo cant step up and get his fixed or let the customer know they don't have a fix.  It has gone on for almost 2 months and no help.  I think a class action claim might be the best option at this point. 

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Much less energy to move on from Arlo and purchase new cameras in my opinion.
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I bought a T-Mobile sim card - Figured all that was at risk was $16.

For those of you considering this, save your $16

T-MOBILE SIM DOES NOT WORK IN AT&T ARLO Go.

I previously tried the "Unlock Procedure" thru the AT&T website and it said it was not an AT&T device.  I figured it must not be locked.  No such luck.

That is really too bad.  I had high hopes.  I see no reason to keep going down this, very frustrating path.

To anyone at Arlo that is willing to listen:  If you can make this camera work with a T-Mobile Sim card, I'll keep it.  If not, I'll be turning it off and moving on to Reolink.

I'll give this about two more weeks and then I'm moving on.  As I mentioned earlier, the $15/month difference in service cost will fully pay for a new Reolink camera in 16 months.

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Got this note from Arlo. I don’t think enough people are opening cases. Open one if you haven’t! If you want to share your case number I can tell the people dealing with mine that we are connected. Frustrating.

From tech support:

Thank you for reaching us back and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can deal with this immediately. I understand how this must be inconvenient on your end. Rest assured we will assist you with this until we get the problem sorted out. We don't have any reported known issue about this however, I will check it with the team regarding ATT's phasing out the 3G if it does affect the Arlo Go camera. In the meantime, try to check the KB article below for some troubleshooting steps:
K375
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue as everyone else with my camera going off line once the 3G network was shutdown. It does not stay operational, the battery drains, I’ve checked numerous times and no update seems to be available.

Middle Tennessee is the area. Many people who have these in the area are fed up.

When is this going to be fixed?
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Did you open a case? If you and others are willing to share case numbers I can update mine with several numbers so they know we are all connected.
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

"We don't have any reported known issue about this"

Really, that was their response?  Either that rep is brand new and didn't check with anyone or is being disingenuous.

I've seen the discussion both here and on AT&Ts forums.  It is a known problem.

What I've not seen is anyone saying "Mine are working normally".

So, anyone out there NOT experiencing problems?

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m thankful that I moved on a month ago.
T-Mobile with Reolink has been awesome.
My Arlo cameras are going in the trash.
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor
I can message you our case number that covers multiple Arlo go accounts and multiple cameras.
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Got it. I have shared your case number to show that this is happening all over. I think part of the problem is that different people get the case and things aren’t adding up when the see the latest update on a case. If others send me a case number I’ll keep sending them along to my case support.
BethTessman
Aspirant
Aspirant

My case # is:  42957129.  I really can’t afford new cameras and need these to be reliable for animal rescue.  So frustrating.

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. I have submitted your case number as well. I’ve been asked for my Arlo app logs to be sent to the appropriate team.
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Very frustrating. Come on Arlo. You can do better. My case number is Support request #42950712

I have been assigned a contact her name is Gen.

I haven’t send logs to them multiple times.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we navigate this issue with intermittent connectivity. We are working closely with AT&T to identify and resolve the issue as soon as possible. I will provide further updates as soon as possible.

Regards,

Arlo Team 

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

Much appreciated, Shayne. Think you can share a little more about it? Do the teams at least know what the issue is? Related to the 3G phaseout? Thanks for the help. 

dlt2
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue as everyone else

My case number is 42968910

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. I have shared all the related cases I’ve received so far.