Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Camera keeps going offline

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Someone mentioned that the developers are working on it. I suggest that you all open tech support cases to support the need for the solution.
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Great idea. Everyone needs to continue to contact Arlo support. I have had a case open for a few weeks and they just continue to tell me they are working on it.

Arlo really needs to step up and figure this out or inform everyone they can’t fix it. I’m still paying AT&T a lot of money monthly for the cameras.
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
I have opened a case. They have asked me to request new SIM cards and report back. Also since I have 2 cameras I’ll take one home and see if there’s a difference when each camera is in a different state.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Why do they keep asking to replace the SIM cards? I already reported to them that doing so did not fix anything for me.
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
I guess we have to go through the motions. I also suggest that everyone tells them that there are dozens with the same issue on the community forums
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ar10West wrote:

Others have mentioned Arlo Go and Go-2 are now sharing the same app, which seems to also be related to the issue - has anyone confirmed this and/or provided a solution?

All Arlo cameras share the same app. Twenty camera models at least.

While a poster did offer the idea that the Arlo back-end is somehow confusing the two cameras, there is no data to confirum that.  The sunset of 3G seems much more likely to be the issue with the Go.  If that's correct, hopefully Arlo will find a way to get the cameras to operate on pure 4G/LTE.

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
When they are connected they are connected to LTE here, so I don’t think they are looking for 3G.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Superwa wrote:
When they are connected they are connected to LTE here, so I don’t think they are looking for 3G.

I am thinking that the Go might still be trying to use some 3G services.  One reason I'm thinking that is that Go users are saying they cannot set the camera network mode to "LTE Only" -  when they do, it immediately reverts back to Auto.

BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I kept trying to set mine to "LTE Only" and it never seemed to stick.  Always went back to "Auto".  I tried it both on my computer and on the app on my phone.

Suddenly, it took the change and mine now stays on "LTE Only".  It also seems to be online and working more than it was but is not always online.

Additionally, I got the Reolink.  I picked up a T-Mobile sim card.  Based on the amount I expect to use it, I went with the plan that is $5/month for .5 GB.

I installed the Reolink directly above the Arlo Go.  Arlo has 1 bar of LTE.  Reolink has 3 bars of LTE.   Every time I've checked the Reolink it has been online and working.

Reolink video appears to be more than 2 times better quality than the Arlo.

Reolink notification of movement is as fast or faster than Arlo.

Reolink cost $239 including a solar panel

I plan to test them both for a month before trying to switch the Arlo to a T-Mobile sim.  If it works, I'll use it and the Reolink.  If not, I'll not pay $20/month for service that is way less quality.

This is very frustrating.  It may be time to move on.

BBinAL
Guide
Guide

One more thing, I tried the process to unlock my Arlo.  Went thru all the motions and got a message that "This device is not an AT&T device" (or something like that).

Perhaps going thru that process allowed me to go to "LTE Only"?

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
I’ll try anything. I got one to switch to roaming by not the second one. I’ll keep trying the LTE option and will do the unlock request.
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

As I look further into this, I've again compared the quality of the images.  Both the Reolink and Arlo send an email.  The photo sent thru Riolink I can clearly read my license plate number.  I can't read it on the one the Arlo sent.

-camera
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 Arlo Go wireless cameras in use 2 years now. About 3 months ago both started going offline. I’ve replaced batteries. Also deleted both from the app and reloaded and nothing helped . It’s not the location, great signal here. They both at different times will come online for different periods of time but go back offline. Anyone have a solution??
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
There’s a whole other thread with people who are having the same issue. Make sure to open a case so Arlo understands that there are many users having the same problem.
jtfetter
Aspirant
Aspirant
My two Arlo Go cameras stopped working after the last time they discharged their batteries. I charged them both as normal, and they won’t reconnect. The blue light blinks continuously. Any ideas ?
Dc12fd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same EXACT problem with our one camera and our neighbors camera next door to our house! This has been going on for about 4 weeks. However this week it has not been able to turn on AT ALL! I am fed up for continuing to pay for something that isn’t working.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Switch to Reolink and T-Mobile and never look back!
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

Checking in periodically throughout the day I've found my Arlo online only once.

The Reolink has been online every time I checked.

The decision is getting easier and easier.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible the signal in the cameras' area has changed. Can you take one to another location to see if it connects?

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

Make sure to open a case with Arlo. There's a whole other thread with people having the same issue and hopefully many cases will help get this resolved for us all. 

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

Make sure to open a case with Arlo. There are many others with the same issue an hopefully many cases will help get this issue to get fixed. 

dlt2
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem

Roaring Springs Tx 79256

Jdrack
Aspirant
Aspirant
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS, any news from the developers? Hearing of some many folks moving to reolink and I’m trying to hold on here.
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor

Everyone should continue to contact Arlo support!  You can also email customerservice@arlo.com 

I received this response today.

Hi, Scott.

Good day!

Thank you for your response and update. We sincerely apologize for the delay.

We would like to inform you that the appropriate team is actively working on this issue. We are still doing a further investigation with AT&T.

Rest assured, we will be sending them a follow-up and will get back to you once we received any feedback from them. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.