Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Camera keeps going offline

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
CSund
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras are frequently offline. Have taken batteries in/out.

5 cameras in Kennewick, WA on AT&T network. 

Keven55
Guide
Guide
I and a few others have been expressing this issue for months. There has been no accountability from either Arlo nor any of the other service providers Arlo has had this issue AT&T seems to have the worst part of the issue as I am connected with them. Myself and many others have exhausted our frustration of accountability of what the directive is and where the problem is regardless of what server you were provided by . Regardless this is a Firmware issue that has yet to be addressed.. I have switched my cameras over to Reolink with a smart chip that does apparently work with AT&T not sure with your providers I have yet to have it installed because it’s property that once I switch it over destroys the Sim card in my camera but I need some sort of connection which I do periodically I’m disgusting for paying for this I will let you know if this works if you stick with your provider and there is an aftermarket Sim card that works more to come
Westexan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just retired my two Arlo Go cameras.  Have two new Reolink cameras up and working.  The SIM cards are from T-Mobile.  I’m researching a commercial plan from T-Mobile that may be less expensive than just a monthly regular cell plan.  My signal is much better than AT&T on my Arlo Go cameras.  

Westexan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I switched to Reolink with T-Mobile SIM cards.  Working better than my Go cameras ever worked. 

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
I agree 100%. The Reolink cameras with T-Mobile work 10 times better than the Arlos ever did.
And I’m saving money with T-Mobile compared to AT&T.
bicedf
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Go camera connected to ATT keeps going off line as well.  I was having the same problem with a different brand trail camera using ATT.  Their techs guided me through changing an APN setting, and it fixed the problem.  The tech advised the ATT suspension of 3G caused the problem.  Perhaps Arlo techs can research with Spartan camera techs for a solution. 

dasmaster
Guide
Guide
Can you please share with us with what the APN settings change was? It’s worth trying to see if that same recipe fixes our problem
bicedf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Spartan Go trail camera.  Among the Spartan tech's instructions is the following:

"When AT&T shut down their 3G network at the beginning of March, it also unexpectedly caused connectivity issues with our 4G AT&T cameras, as their network is unable to discern between 3G and 4G models. As such, you may need to adjust your camera's APN settings in order to get your camera connected to the network. Please follow the instructions below in order to do so."

(Instructions given to get to the APN settings).  "Use the right arrow key to scroll through the APN options until you get to APNBR. If that doesn't make the camera connect, you can try APNBL."
APNBR did not work, but APNBL did.  I'm not familiar with the Arlo APN settings.  But maybe a tech can help.

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

As far as I know these problems started well before AT&T shut down the 3G network? It has been a couple of months for me. 

BBinAL
Guide
Guide

Can we switch an AT&T Arlo go to a T-Mobile sim?   The camera is paid off and a friend said they have to unlock it if we request that.

SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Everyone should keep contacting Arlo support until they fix the issue. It has gone on way to long with no help.

You can also email customerservice@arlo.com
Keven55
Guide
Guide
At this point I’m thinking a class action lawsuit or some sort of rebate. If they have the ability to disarm nuclear weapons, I would step down.
FlyingY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Started seeing this issue around January.  Always have full/strong signal.  Carrier is ATT in the 93451 zip code. 

Prior to that it worked flawlessly.

Westexan
Aspirant
Aspirant

The people at t-mobile said their SIM card would work in an Arlo camera. 

dasmaster
Guide
Guide
Let me know if you get this to work.. AT&T model with T-Mobile.. the arlo team most likely doesn’t care to fix this issue since they don’t sell the original arlo go model anymore.
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

If anyone switches to T-mobile from AT&T let us know if it worked? Hopefully the cameras are not locked to the current carrier. Also wondering about price? I have them on AT&T as add ons to my cell, so only pay $20/month for each camera. I really hope the developers are really working on solving this issue. I'd hate switching companies or buying new cameras. Do the Arlo Go2 cameras have the same issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Superwa wrote:

Do the Arlo Go2 cameras have the same issue?

Today they are only available for Verizon and uscellular.

The main complaint posted here was about battery life - there was a firmware update pushed last month to address that problem, and I haven't seen many issues posted here after that.

BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I had lots of early problems with my Arlo Go.  They were so bad that Arlo refunded my money, but only after a lot of negotiation AND my purchase of another Arlo Go.

I've been mildly happy with the camera until recently.  It never worked perfectly.   I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

I also have 9 other Arlo cameras (not the "Go" model) and am pretty happy with them.  I like the Arlo software.  They system would be great...if it worked.

With all the above, if I can't get the Arlo Go camera back working I'll spend the time and money on another solution, likely the Reolink Go.

Arlo CAN fix this issue.  The question remains:  Are they willing to do so?

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
I replaced the batteries today and noticed that both cameras got a firmware update. I remain hopeful. The cameras are currently connected and working.
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I've been checking my camera.  During one of the times I caught it online, I checked the firmware and it sad something to the effect of "current" or "No updates available".

I've done a bit of research on the Riolink camera. 

It is 1080p vs. the Arlo 720p.

It is about 1/2 the cost of the Arlo Go

I can get a prepaid sim card from T-Mobile that will cost about 1/4 what I'm paying AT&T monthly.

Yes, I ordered one.

I still hope this issue will be corrected but I'll not be holding my breath.

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
What’s the monthly cost with t-mobile? I pay $20/month as an add on to my AT&T cell plan. I’d hate replacing them if they are really working on a solution. Ugh
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

Mine gets very little traffic.  Think I average .25 gb/month.

T-Mobile has a prepaid plan that gives you .5 gb/month for $5.  I think their next tier is 5 gb for $10.

I agree about not wanting to abandon the Arlos if they are are working on a solution.  Looking at the time that has passed and knowing they don't offer that model anymore, I fear that is a big IF.

Saving $15/month will pay for the change in 16 months.

AND, the video quality will be much better.

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
No luck after the firmware update. Still disconnecting a bunch of times. I assume the batteries will die in a few days with all the disconnects.
ar10West
Tutor
Tutor

I have been experiencing the same problem. In my case, the camera began dropping the LTE connection about the same time Verizon rolled-out 5G. I see others have upgraded the SIM card to no avail, so I suppose there is no point in trying that. Others have mentioned Arlo Go and Go-2 are now sharing the same app, which seems to also be related to the issue - has anyone confirmed this and/or provided a solution?

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately there is no solution and there probably won’t be. I would recommend moving on from Arlo and purchasing something different.