Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Camera keeps going offline

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m so glad I switched to Reolink. No issues at all on my six cams.
Also, the solar panels work perfectly and keep them recharged to 100% every day!
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor

Do Reolink cameras work with AT&T.

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Apparently yes, but I’ve heard about some problems with AT&T.
Westexan
Aspirant
Aspirant

What cellular plan do you use?  I did not see AT&T on the Reolink website.  I figured I would have to use T-Mobile 

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
T-Mobile
8ntitgrate
Tutor
Tutor

I had ATT service on multiple devices for over 20 years. The ATT service area coverage changes for reasons unknown to the support agents and they can't do anything about it anyway. ATT support is totally pathetic and I switched all of my devices (8) to T mobile 6 months ago. Only mt Arlo go's remain due to being carrier specific.  You can't beat T mobile support and for now 5G service, although that's irrelevant to our Arlo problem. The Arlo app. had an update in December, another 3 days ago.....but nothing is improving. 

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Any idea of when they’ll fix the issue?
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
I continue to email my issues to Arlo. Hopefully someone will give an update.
Ltlital
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera has been offline for several days. I have tried disconnecting and then reinstalling it came back online and then went offline again an hour later. This has been a continuing issue. I see others have had the same problem with ATT. I need this for security. If it cannot be fixed we need to find another option quickly. Also, I cannot see paying ATT for service I am not receiving. Thanks.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
I knew this issue would drag out so I decided about a month ago to move on from Arlo and ATT.
I highly recommend Reolink with T-Mobile!
Dwanser
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone know at Arlo when the att issue will be resolved? No problems for years until last month now it is always going offline. Used for my elderly mother so can’t go without.
garnold7575
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have friends that have four of these Arlo go cameras with AT&t and they are having all of these issues for months now. It seems to be getting worse and it is super frustrating all the money they have spent on these cameras And now they have super poor service. I still think it's something to do with AT&t because we have 3 Arlo Go Verizon cameras And we are not having these issues. We use them for trapping dogs and I have watched their cameras as I am on their cameras also. All of their cameras are having these issues severely but ours do not so I still say it's a issue between AT& T And Arlo in
garnold7575
Aspirant
Aspirant
I absolutely think it has to do with AT& T. I have friends that have four Arlo go cameras on AT&T and there's our consistently not working and have been doing that for months now. We have three Arlo GO with Verizon and we aren't having these issues on any of them.
garnold7575
Aspirant
Aspirant
My friends have four Arlo GO AT&T cameras, There's have been offline consistently for several months now. Absolutely horrible! We have three Verizon GO cameras that we use for the exact same thing they do and we have had no issues like this. I am on their camera so I see what theirs are doing. Our Verizon cameras are not having this issue. I truly think it's AT&T and they need to step up to the plate! Absolutely ridiculous the money you pay for those cameras not to have any support.
garnold7575
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have some friends that have also got these cameras recently, not activated yet but they are using freedom pop unlimited. Much cheaper.
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue.  Started about 2 weeks ago.  Has worked well for years.

I got a call today from our security guy that they need to replace the cellular modem for our alarm system.  He said AT&T is doing away with 3G/4G.  They have to put in one that is LTE.

Anyone think that could that be the issue?  Is the older Arlo Go compatible with LTE?

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
They are only shutting down 3G, not 4G. I can’t imagine it will affect the Arlo Go cameras, well when they actually connect to anything again.
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

Thanks, Superwa1.  I hope this issue gets resolved quickly.

Any recommendations for other systems that can replace this, unreliable, one?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Superwa wrote:
They are only shutting down 3G, not 4G. 

There is a network mode in the Go (not the Go 2) where you can select 3G network modes.  If you do have access to the camera, it'd be best to set that to "LTE only".

dasmaster
Guide
Guide
That doesn’t work with the AT&T models, bc when you click LTE only it automatically deselects that option when you go back into the settings. It forces you to use both LTE and 3G
dasmaster
Guide
Guide
Specifically , when you click LTE only, it reverts back to “auto” as soon as you leave the screen. You can’t force it to do LTE only on the AT&T model unfortunately. This bug has been going on for months and looks like we’ve been abandoned by the dev team?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dasmaster wrote:
Specifically , when you click LTE only, it reverts back to “auto” as soon as you leave the screen. You can’t force it to do LTE only on the AT&T model unfortunately.

Ok.  Definitely don't set it to the other two modes though.

dasmaster
Guide
Guide
I appreciate you trying to help us out. I already thought of this a few weeks ago, and unfortunately we can’t force LTE. Although if the devs were to fix this in a future firmware update this could be the secret sauce that fixes our problem. I know most carriers are sun setting 3G.. so it could be why the camera is in an infinite loop connecting/disconnecting from the network.
Patdunn79
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having one of my cameras losing connection. I deleted and reinstalled it yesterday and I came back online but today it’s off again with a brand new battery
Hoghunter2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both of my Arlo Go cameras show "Your Arlo Device appears to be offline." in the app.  However, they still detect motion and record video.  If I close/re-open the app multiple times, they will eventually connect and be back online for a short period of time.  I have deleted/re-installed the app, logged out and back in, and checked for firmware update.  Nothing seems to help.