Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

forced firmware update to bad update 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30 but can't update, camera unusable

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sir_seagill
Star
Star

one of my 2 cameras has a firmware update to 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30 again (the bad update that was released in june 10 2023 that ruined people's cameras) i try to update it, and either it stays on the 'firmware update progress' forever (for like half an hour, had to force close the app) or after a few seconds it disappears and goes back to the 'firmware update is available' message again

1. why is this update still around and asking me to update to it

2. how hard is it to add a progress bar so i know if it's slow or not working all

my 2nd camera is on 1.090.31.0.0_21_55537e7 and working fine, why does this other camera have to get the crap firmware update?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried removing the camera from your account, resetting it and then onboarding again?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

sir_seagill
Star
Star

ill have to try it as a last resort. not looking to it. syncing can take up to 2-3 hours+ because it likes to fail without any proper reason

sir_seagill
Star
Star

well, it's resolved now, thankfully without having to reset and resync. I don't even know what's going on. all i did was charge it because batteries were low, next to the router. while charging it worked fine. no firmware update needed. after fully charged i moved the camera back to it's normal place. couldn't turn on. i take the camera back to the router, firmware update required. thankfully it updated this time. put it back to place and it seems to be working fine now. 

good think it's not on the bad firmware update either. it's on 1.090.32.1_55_07e3402, while my other camera is on 1.090.31.0_21_55537e7.

anyways working now so that's good. hopefully i don't have to come back here again soon

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A word of caution - since it worked properly near the router but not at it's normal location, you may need to reposition the camera so it has a better signal. That sort of behavior would generally indicate a signal strength/quality issue.