Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential does not record

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arloissues2023
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo essential that does not record video, although it detects it. I have spent days workkng with Arlo support and they still do not have a solution. I have completed all recommended troubleshooting steps. The camera is connected to the Arlo base.

Did anyone have this issue too? Did you figure it out?

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arloissues2023 wrote:

I have an Arlo essential that does not record video, although it detects it.

Is the camera in a subscription plan?

Can you make a manual recording when livestreaming?

Joelleb
Guide
Guide

Bonjour,

J'ai exactement le même problème. 

J'ai tout réinitialiser...

Rien ne se passe .

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joelleb wrote:

Bonjour,

J'ai exactement le même problème. 

J'ai tout réinitialiser...

Rien ne se passe .

same questions for you.

• Is the camera in a subscription plan?
  • Can you make a manual recording when livestreaming?
Joelleb
Guide
Guide

Bonjour

J'ai un abonnement depuis 3 ans .

Je ne sais pas comment enregistrer manuellement 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joelleb wrote:

J'ai un abonnement depuis 3 ans .

Je ne sais pas comment enregistrer manuellement 

When you live stream the camera, you should see a record icon in the center at the bottom (it looks like a target).  Press that, and it should make a manual recording.  That confirms that your camera is in the subscription plan.

Joelleb
Guide
Guide

Je n'ai pas ce bouton .

Pourtant j'ai bien un abonnement....

Le mode de ma famera indique : ne rien faire ....je ne peux pas changer ce mode....

Il y a donc un problème avec mon abonnement..je suis pourtant facturée....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you gone into the subscription settings, and double-checked that the camera is in the subscription plan?

If you use an iphone, you will need to do this on a PC (logging into my.arlo.com).

Joelleb
Guide
Guide

J'ai regardé et ma camera est bien dans le plan d'abonnement. 

J'ai joint le service clientèle et ils ne comprennent pas....ils font des recherches....

Arlocamissues
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. So, this camera type can only record if I buy a subscription?

Arlocamissues
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot record locally. Someone else me tioned the subscription so it sounds that is the only option for this camera type.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlocamissues wrote:

Thanks for your response. So, this camera type can only record if I buy a subscription?

Basically yes.

You only get cloud recordings with a subscription - that's true with all of the current Arlo cameras.  Legacy cameras have 7 day free cloud recording, but Arlo stopped offering that with new models about 5 years ago.

You can get local recordings if you get an Arlo smarthub (VMB4540 of VMB5000), but the subscription offers a better experience.  IMO the feature is more suitable for backup.

• Local recordings are only shown in the app, not the browser.
  • Local recordings cannot be shared, so they are not accessible from a "friend" account.
  • No ability to make a local manual recording or snapshot
  • No thumbnails - all recordings need to be downloaded to your phone before you can view them.
  • Remote access requires router setting changes that many find difficult, and which won't work with some internet service providers.

Arlocamissues
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the info. I can’t believe 4 Arlo support prople did not mention this!

Joelleb
Guide
Guide

Ça y est !!

Ma camera Arlo peut de nouveau enregistrer !!

Il paraît qu'elle était déconné et que seul un responsable chez eux pouvait la reconnecter !!!

Il aura quand même fallu attendre 5 jours pour !!!!