Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
ROL-X
Guide
Guide

Hello.

Here is what I noticed today.

On one of my cameras Battery level dropped from 73% to 13% in last 4 hours. Start continuously receiving notifications about low battery level.

Last charged about a 2 weeks ago and as normal operation dropped to 73%  within 2 weeks, looks normal.

More details if you needed. Camera is disarmed all day today. No detections, Wi-Fi in range of 15-20 ft, full bars, strong signal.

That not a first time. I have a 3-pack cameras. Had same issue on another camera before didn't noticed as a bug, just charged again. That camera still keep ~60% since last recharge over 1 month.

Maybe is a bug in firmware or any other things that calculate charge level. Or something really load a camera that discharge a battery really fast.

26 REPLIES 26
KetMalice
Initiate
Initiate
Just an FYI. I talked to support and they said it’s a known issue, and they are working on a firmware update. I told them I was paying for Arlo subscription. They told me once everything was fixed a different team would look at compensation for the days I’ve been unable to use them properly. So they will probably just add X days to my subscription. Which I’ll for sure have to call about.
Exia7891
Star
Star

Chiming in to say I am also experiencing this issue on the Essential on FW 1.090.27.6_45_1583184. Oddly enough, this was a two-pack purchased a few months back and both cameras are on the same FW, yet only one camera is bugging out while the other one has no issues. Same camera settings, motion detection settings and activity zones across the board.

I invested heavily in the Arlo eco-system over the years, but lately I've been running into issues with their products and they all point to being FW related. I'm starting to lose hope on Arlo...