VMC2030 installation failure

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mehatearlo
Follower
Follower

Do not buy the Essential Spotlight camera or any Arlo product before reading this.

1. The installation instructions are erroneous.

2. The software glitched after half discovering the camera. After  5-6 hours of trying to work through support websites, this forum, and checking that our up to date router from xfinity with an on site representative worked correctly with 2.4 G, not our 5 G service, all it did was prompt for the time zone after discovering the camera before glitching.

3. Another four hours of virtual, chat, email and trying everything support advised, I gave up and asked for return.

4. Try once more with a human voice. I did. Another 15 minutes before the support person pretended it was the phone connection and hung up. Absurd.

5. I am returning this and will publicize this ridiculous experience.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mehatearlo,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor first experience. When you say the software "glitched" during camera discovery, what exactly happened? Were you able to complete the onboarding process? What are you now experiencing?

If the onboarding process was interrupted, you may need to try factory resetting the camera before attempting to onboard again. You can find instructions for the factory reset here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC