Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
LouA
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of the videos in my library were gone this morning.  New activities were not being recorded.  Finally new actives were being recorded but the history is gone.

I have a valid subscription to save recordings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There has been an update on the backend that should have resolved this issue. There was an issue with notifications being sent for motion detected outside of set activity zones, that is why you were not receiving any recordings in the library. The issue was with the Smart notifications and not missing recordings in the library.

Thank you  

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The issue has been identified and will be resolved shortly. I will provide another update as soon a I have more information to share. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

29 REPLIES 29
MeDen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had lots of trouble with my essential and ultras. Signal strength is not the issue. My essentials started doing something they were doing last year again recently. They stop detecting motion and recording. The only way I know is by searching history by device name and noticed no recordings for a while. Rebooting fixes it for a while. Remove re add does too but is more painful. It comes back. Anybody have a magic fix for me?
Howard071020
Aspirant
Aspirant

The whole system runs normally until this morning 10:30 (UTC+8). After this time, the cloud have no update on new video while I can find them in my local HDD connected to the Hub and all up-to date video are recorded. Also now the live streaming also failed.  It seems the camera runs normally while the network is failed. Anyone knows what's going on and how can I do for this?

P.S. I reset/ restart/ reconnect all the stuff for several times already. I have auto update on the subscription.

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good morning, recordings not showing up in library. Please advise.

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue occured maybe a month ago, I posted at that time as well, and it resolved itself. This time, my last recording to show up in library was at 6:32 AM EST.  No recordings have showed up since, and I have purposely tripped them myself to see what is going on. I get the notification that motion/person detected, but no recording. Yes, my subscription is active and fully paid up.

marksan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware status states "no new firmware versions available. Firmware up to date".  While trying to access the app, it will sometimes report app is unavailable and then close. Have tried closing app and logging back in; restarting my phone (Android platform) - doesn't fix the issue. 

LoniElaine
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello all! I have 2 Arlo pro 3 cameras with a subscription. As of this morning my cameras are detecting motion and I receive notification but when I check the library there are no recordings. Anyone else having this issue?
suzeo99
Star
Star

I have tried contacting support about this problem numerous times.  There is clearly a software or firmware issue.  This all started about 3 weeks ago.  I have done every single troubleshooting step there is.  I have completely removed, erased and re-added and the problem still persists.  My internet connection has not changed, the location of the cameras have not changed.  Arlo changed something on their side around 3 weeks ago that broke something.  There is no other explanation.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LoniElaine wrote:
Hello all! I have 2 Arlo pro 3 cameras with a subscription. As of this morning my cameras are detecting motion and I receive notification but when I check the library there are no recordings. Anyone else having this issue?

FWIW, I am not.

MiddKid
Guide
Guide

I have a 4 camera Pro 3 system with two base stations. No significant issues since I bought them (over a year ago). Alerts are are consistent and real. Happy with the system.

Last night both my wife and I started to get "Motion detected" notifications on multiple cameras. But there are a few things different about these notifications than normal:

• They are triggering over and over and over...every few minutes.
  • Our normal motion alerts have the video preview in the notification. These do not.
  • Our normal motion alerts have detection (person, vehicle, etc). These do not.
  • Here's the kicker...when I go into the Arlo app there are no clips in the library. So despite triggering, it's not recording anything!

Last night I rebooted both hubs...seemed to help a bit but the problem is back this morning. I just went out and rebooted all the cameras but it's happening again. A few other notes:

• "Normal" alerts don't seem to be triggering while these false alerts are coming through. I just walked out to the driveway and nothing.
  • Firmware is up to date
  • Audio triggers are off
  • In the attached you can see the alerts for 2 of the 4 cameras. As an additional data point, those two cameras are each on a different hub. So it's not a specific hub causing the issue.

So why would these cameras suddenly start throwing these phantom notifications with no recordings?!?!? Help!

Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 9.37.24 AM.jpg
Michellchelle
Initiate
Initiate
We’re having the same issue. It started this morning. I’m so tired of this crappy Arlo software.
4ABA0573-E6BC-4F3E-A683-D5658587EADC.png
NitLion
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  I chatted with support this morning and they were of no help.  I believe this is an app or cloud issue, not a local issue.  

BimmerFam
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting alerts every 10 minutes that there was motion on my camera but when I check there is no recordings in the library. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Does anyone have Activity zones enabled at the moment? 

Thanks 

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

yes

MiddKid
Guide
Guide

I had Activity zones enabled. I disabled them and still got Phantom notifications.

MiddKid
Guide
Guide

New development.

The Phantom notifications are now starting to show clips in the library but they are REALLY long. Normal clips are 15-30 seconds. The last few clips I've had are 1:03, 1:45, and 4:30!!! Zero motion in any of those clips.

Mustang860
Aspirant
Aspirant
Today I started getting notifications, and when I look onmy phone app to see what it recorder, there's no recording... just wondering is something wrong? Thank you in advance
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue has been identified and will be resolved shortly. I will provide another update as soon a I have more information to share. 

Adam17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been getting phantom push notifications all day today (Android 12 phone).  Normally the push notifications come with an animated image preview of the video clip, but these notifications had no image preview, nor were there any corresponding clips in my library.  Tapping on the notification caused the Arlo app to crash with a NullPointerException at com.arlo.app.utils.logging.ArloEventLogger.logNotificationEvent(ArloEventLogger.kt:312.

Furthermore, attempting to submit that crash report caused the Android crash reporter (Market Feedback Agent) to itself crash with a java.lang.SecurityException!

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thatsa lotta crashin'

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

LOL, whatever Arlo is trying to do (in last 5 minutes) is making the situation worse. My cameras have been firing off notifications every 30 seconds and no recordings are in library. No movement at all outside to even trigger cameras, at all. 

Mustang860
Aspirant
Aspirant
Somebody must have seen my post and I seem to be having notifications and recordings like everything is back to normal and working ,so whoever you are .. thank you👍
marksan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting motion alert notifications but no video whatsoever.  This just started today.  I have tried restarting the app (android platform), and my phone as well. No change.  Same issue on my pc.  Firmware is up to date. I've tried re-setting my motion settings, re-setting sensitivity (is at 50%) ....everything else I can think of.  This is ridiculous.