Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can only get one camera out of 3 to scan the QR code on essential spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joss81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I’m having the worst time trying to connect 2 of my 3 essential spotlight cameras (vmc2030 model) I installed the first one fine but the 2 others won’t scan the QR code. I tried factory resetting them several times, full charging them, wiping both screens on my iPhone and the cameras, etc… but nothing works. Any advice please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joss81 wrote:
Hello, I’m having the worst time trying to connect 2 of my 3 essential spotlight cameras (vmc2030 model) I installed the first one fine but the 2 others won’t scan the QR code. I tried factory resetting them several times, full charging them, wiping both screens on my iPhone and the cameras, etc… but nothing works. Any advice please?

If the camera is never chiming, then maybe try a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).  Move the camera slowly (closer/further from the screen, and also left/right, up/down) - you need to find a spot where the camera is in good enough focus, and enough the the QR code is in the field of view.

With a phone, you can either similarly move the phone or the camera.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joss81 wrote:

If the camera is never chiming, then maybe try a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).  Move the camera slowly (closer/further from the screen, and also left/right, up/down) - you need to find a spot where the camera is in good enough focus, and enough the the QR code is in the field of view.

With a phone, you can either similarly move the phone or the camera.

Joss81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much! Worked perfectly with the PC.