Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charged Twice on my monthly subscription Also .. why am i being called to pay another $100 ?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shurly
Aspirant
Aspirant

1)  How to get ahold of a lIVE person at arlo to fix double charges?  

I was charged twice of 14.99 on my credit card yesterday.. why?

2)  Also... why am i being charged  a monthly fee  for service of$ 14.99 per month

but someone who claims to be from ARLO is calling me and asking for a payment of $100 yearly fee?...

they are telling me they will shut the camera off if i don't pay this $100 fee    

is this normal ?

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Shurly wrote:

1)  How to get ahold of a lIVE person at arlo to fix double charges?  

I was charged twice of 14.99 on my credit card yesterday.. why?

2)  Also... why am i being charged  a monthly fee  for service of$ 14.99 per month

but someone who claims to be from ARLO is calling me and asking for a payment of $100 yearly fee?...

they are telling me they will shut the camera off if i don't pay this $100 fee    

is this normal ?

Since you have a subscription, you can go to the app and select support in the settings. When you select a device for support like base or cam there will be options. One is a phone icon and clicking it will show a number. 

Sounds lie whoever called you was a scam or you misunderstood them since even without a subscription they won't shut your camera down. You would lose cloud recordings w/o a sub though. 

Shurly
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is a SUB?

THis person has called me about 3 or 4 times.. I keep putting them off to research this ...says that I will not be able to see on camera or laptop if i dont pay th $100 ..

not sure what you mean when you mention SUB  please explain

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Shurly wrote:

What is a SUB?

THis person has called me about 3 or 4 times.. I keep putting them off to research this ...says that I will not be able to see on camera or laptop if i dont pay th $100 ..

not sure what you mean when you mention SUB  please explain

"Subscription" to Arlo secure that you said you are being charged for. 

Shurly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im following directions on trying to get a LIve person in the app... however, there is no phone icon on my app   ..why?

Shurly
Aspirant
Aspirant

disregard.. was able to find..   page was not opeing.. earlier

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shurly wrote:

This person is a scammer. Don't pay.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@StephenB wrote:

@Shurly wrote:

This person is a scammer. Don't pay.

Yea that is what I said