Costa rica Arlo essential gen 2

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kevin8435
Aspirant
Aspirant

bought 3 Arlo essential gen 2, and brought them to Costa Rica, however when I try to do the initial set up I can get them to recognize the QR in my iPhone so I can’t connect them to my phone… could this be a region issue??? 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't believe it would be a region issue. Try resetting them:

https://kb.arlo.com/000063225

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I don't believe it would be a region issue. Try resetting them:

https://kb.arlo.com/000063225

Not sure why you are ruling that out.  Arlo doesn't offer subscriptions in Costa Rica (or any other country in Central or South America)

@Kevin8435 - when you go into "add device" are you seeing the Essential Gen 2 option?  Or are you just seeing Essential and Essential Spotlight?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can choose the specific camera model, you can onboard them. That's the only restriction until you try to get a subscription.

Kevin8435
Aspirant
Aspirant

already did and still not working

Kevin8435
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not get the gen 2 option no

Kevin8435
Aspirant
Aspirant

im only getting the essential indoor, essential and essential spotlight, no gen 2

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin8435 wrote:

im only getting the essential indoor, essential and essential spotlight, no gen 2

That's the problem.  No idea when it will be added.

Though obviously not something Arlo likes, it is possible to create an account using a VPN that terminates in the US.  That would get you the ability to add the camera.  You'd only use the VPN to create the account - you'd turn it off when onboarding the camera.

Getting a subscription for that account would also be possible if you have a US payment method.  

Kevin8435
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I don’t really know how to get a vpn for the US… if you have any instructions that would be great

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin8435 wrote:

Well I don’t really know how to get a vpn for the US… if you have any instructions that would be great

Plenty of options, some are here:

Generally you can just where you want the VPN terminated - US is one of many possibilities.