Arlo Essential XL Spotlight won’t take a charge

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
roachroach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I disconnected the camera from the network because it was entirely unresponsive and wouldn’t charge.

I plug in the camera, no blue light. The infrared turn on briefly. There is a clicking noise in the camera like it is recording.

I hold down the button, no response. Wait ten seconds, no response. Wait one minute, no response. 
the camera has turned into a paperweight. 
Cannot reset. Cannot connect. 
Please help. 

7 REPLIES 7
Jackiejoseph
Tutor
Tutor

I am experiencing the same issue with two of them. Only been in use since June 2024. 
My issue has escalated through technical and I await a response. 

roachroach
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s good to hear I’m not the only one. If you don’t mind, would you share whatever solution they give you when you get it? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

roachroach,

The symptoms you described could indicate a hardware related issue. I encourage you to reach out to the support team and open a ticket detailing these symptoms by using the Arlo app under Settings > Support. 

JamesC

roachroach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, since I had removed the device to try and reboot, there is no device connected to reference for the support request. 

Jackiejoseph
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo have now confirmed replacements for both cameras as they are faulty.  They only worked between June and August 2024

roachroach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I need to do something similar, cause it surely

hasnt fixed itself. 

Arlo Support, holler at me. I can’t submit a claim. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

roachroach,

If you have a subscription plan, you should be able to open a support ticket under Settings > Support. Once the ticket is open you can reference the serial number for the device that is experiencing issues. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

JamesC