Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing the 2nd generation of the Essential camera, now offered in both 2K and HD options. Experience exceptional smart home security with unbeatable value and price. We all deserve protection, no matter what your budget is or the size of your property. Choose from 2K or HD camera options for round-the-clock protection.

JamesC_0-1695136867979.png

JamesC_1-1695136867981.png

JamesC_2-1695136867982.png

Privacy on demand. Protection on command.

Essential Indoor Camera provides smart home security with an automated privacy shield to protect your privacy too. Offering clear HD 1080P resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren, check-in on your home, family or pets anytime.

• HD Video Resolution
  • Automated Privacy Shield
  • Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding
  • 130° field of view
  • 2-Way Talk
  • Night Vision

Privacy on demand. Protection on command with crystal-clear details. Essential Indoor Camera provides enhanced smart home security with an automated privacy shield to protect your privacy too. Offering crystal clear 2K resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren, check-in on your home, family or pets.

• 2K Video Resolution
  • Automated Privacy Shield
  • Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding
  • 130° field of view
  • 2-Way Talk
  • Night Vision

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera - 2nd Generation

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

27 REPLIES 27
Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can this be used with an existing VMB5000 base station like the legacy (current) Indoor Essential camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It wil only be able to connect to WiFi when released - that's happened before. A firmware update will be needed down the road to allow connection to a hub.

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Appreciate the response.   That was my concern as well.

Lisa77
Tutor
Tutor

Is there a user manual for VMC3060 (Gen 2)? (Not the quick start guide) Thx.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lisa77,

You can find manuals for Arlo cameras in the documents library here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs

The manual for VMC3060 is not yet available but we expect it to be finished soon.

JamesC

bartcannady
Tutor
Tutor

i have 3 of these cameras and when they wont connect or work. keep getting a error zero code. crazy that they put these out and they don't even work. right now i have three new paper weights.   thanks Arlo.  called support many times and they say well everyone is having this issue. sorry      that's a good solution to my problem.  I don't think they know what to do. I just wish my cameras would work.  I know tons of people that bought this recently and everyone is having the same issue.   Waiting on a response to see how to proceed or if I have to throw them away and buy something that actually work.  I really thought Arlo would be a good purchase.   Is any one else having this same issue with the essential camera gen 2. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bartcannady,

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing issues onboarding new devices. For more information and updates, see here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

PaulGr
Initiate
Initiate

When will the Gen 2 Essential Indoor camera be available in Europe?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PaulGr,

Keep an eye on https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/home

Once available an announcement will be made there.

JamesC

Tomlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I use this in Hong Kong and UK? 

I try to pair it via the Arlo secure app but not able to find the 2nd generation cam. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tomlo,

Arlo Essential 2nd generation products are not available and cannot be onboarded in Hong Kong/UK at this time.

JamesC

gpeden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't tell if this 2nd generation indoor camera can stand on their own without a mount?  The pictures don't really show a clear view of the bottom of the cameras.  I have the Arlo - Essential Spotlight first gen and I can just set them wherever indoors.  Do 2nd generation have a flat spot that they can stand on their own?

(hint, maybe update the product details page with a few more pictures?)

Thanks!

George

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gpeden,

Yes. The camera can sit flat on the charging port and stand on it's own. This limits the angle in which the camera can be positioned and the camera wouldn't be able to have a charging cable attached, but is possible if it makes sense for your use case.

JamesC

Szeto88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem!!!

Szeto88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

gpeden
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok I ended up going with the 2k camera because it was obvious from the pictures that it would work the way I want.

It seems you might be making an assumption that users will have these camera permanently installed/mounted?  That isn't how we use our cameras so being able to have the cameras free stand without a mount is important.

g

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why is CVR not supported?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CVR is not available for all Arlo devices due to software and hardware limitations with specific models. For more information on CVR and what cameras are supported, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

JamesC

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Complete non-answer.

CVR is supported on first Gen indoor essential. So it should be supported in second Gen, and support actually says the dev team is "working on it".

dhchau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can the Arlo indoor camera (2nd generation) connect to the Arlo hub (model: VMB4540)? If it is not available yet, is there an expected schedule? Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not yet available, no known schedule.

BTGrav33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on if and when we will have the firmeware update to connect the essential indoor gen 2 cameras to the SmartHub for HomeKit compatibility? This is one of the main reasons I bought this product and did not realize the second gen cameras will not connect to the SmartHub.

jmccartyth
Aspirant
Aspirant

The documentation says to add this as Arlo Essential Indoor Caerma - 2nd Gen; this is not an option for the app; it still lists only the original cams, and this one will not 'chime' on the QRS code with any of my 2.4mhz routers picking the essential series cam.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jmccartyth wrote:

The documentation says to add this as Arlo Essential Indoor Caerma - 2nd Gen; this is not an option for the app;

What country are you in?

The camera isn't available in all geographies yet (and the app won't show it as an option in those areas).

Discussion stats