Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Introducing Arlo Essential Indoor Camera - 2nd Generation

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing the 2nd generation of the Essential camera, now offered in both 2K and HD options. Experience exceptional smart home security with unbeatable value and price. We all deserve protection, no matter what your budget is or the size of your property. Choose from 2K or HD camera options for round-the-clock protection.

JamesC_0-1695136867979.png

JamesC_1-1695136867981.png

JamesC_2-1695136867982.png

Privacy on demand. Protection on command.

Essential Indoor Camera provides smart home security with an automated privacy shield to protect your privacy too. Offering clear HD 1080P resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren, check-in on your home, family or pets anytime.

• HD Video Resolution
  • Automated Privacy Shield
  • Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding
  • 130° field of view
  • 2-Way Talk
  • Night Vision

Privacy on demand. Protection on command with crystal-clear details. Essential Indoor Camera provides enhanced smart home security with an automated privacy shield to protect your privacy too. Offering crystal clear 2K resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren, check-in on your home, family or pets.

• 2K Video Resolution
  • Automated Privacy Shield
  • Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding
  • 130° field of view
  • 2-Way Talk
  • Night Vision

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera - 2nd Generation

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

58 REPLIES 58
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Base Station/SmartHub compatibility is now available for Arlo 2nd generation devices. For those that already have your Arlo 2nd generation device onboarded, you will need to remove the device from your Arlo account and re-onboard to see the option to sync with your Base Station/SmartHub. The following firmware or newer is required for this integration.

Compatibility list:
Arlo Essential 2nd Generation Outdoor - VMC2050, VMC2052 – Firmware: 1.5.0_1048_85f53f3 
Arlo Essential 2nd Generation Outdoor 2K - VMC3050, VMC3052– Firmware: 1.5.0_1048_85f53f3
Arlo Essential 2nd Generation Indoor - VMC2060 – Firmware: 1.5.0_1048_0e78ae4
Arlo Essential 2nd Generation Indoor 2K - VMC3060 – Firmware: 1.5.0_1048_0e78ae4
Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Generation - AVD3001 / AVD4001 – Firmware: 1.5.0_1059_eb10395

Compatible Base Station/SmartHub:
Base Station VMB4000 – Firmware: 1.25.0.1_4591_0201bb2
Base Station VMB4500 – Firmware: 1.25.0.1_4541_0201bb2
SmartHub VMB4540 – Firmware: 1.25.0.1_1680_0201bb2
SmartHub VMB5000 – Firmware:  1.25.0.1_1762_0201bb2

dwtucker63
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the compatibility information on this page is incorrect? I have the VMB4000 with 4 cameras. I'd like to use the Essential Indoor to expand this system. Can you please let me know which details are accurate?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dwtucker63,

The firmware that allows this integration to take place is now available. If you have a 2nd generation device, it can now be onboarded and synced to your base station.

JamesC

dwtucker63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response.

I have this Hub: VMB4000r3

I also have 4 Arlo Pro cameras (Black Ring)

I'd like to expand my system to 6 cameras. So you are saying I can buy 2 Arlo Essential Indoor Camera - 2nd Generation cameras and then upgrade my hub firmware to support these 2 new cameras?

Is this accurate?

If yes, where can I get the firmware and how difficult is it to install?

Thank you again.

Dave

jmccartyth
Tutor
Tutor

Will they ever support it to those of us that purchased the camera a long time ago to add it to our non-base station phone or pc based wifi network?  I really would like to add it, but have grown accustomed to disappointment with lag and just complete non-function of this new product.

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the option to use CVR now.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jmccartyth wrote:

Will they ever support it to those of us that purchased the camera a long time ago to add it to our non-base station phone or pc based wifi network?  I really would like to add it, but have grown accustomed to disappointment with lag and just complete non-function of this new product.

What are you wanting them to support exactly?

Are you asking if you can add a smarthub to your system?  Or something else?

jmccartyth
Tutor
Tutor

I currently connect via PC and phone to my 2 older Arlo cams. I was thinking when I saw this news that I'll just buy a base station, but I would prefer if I could add this 2nd gen cam to my existing wifi networked 2 x cams.  When I bought this 2nd gen cam, once bitten, twice shy. I'm not buying anything else from Arlo until I see the 2nd gen cam working, which means changing to another manufacturer as soon as either one of my original Arlo cams fails. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jmccartyth wrote:

I currently connect via PC and phone to my 2 older Arlo cams.

It sounds like your other cameras are directly connected to your home wifi, and that you have no base.  Is that the case?

If it is, then I am confused about what you are complaining about.  The 2nd gen cameras supported connecting to your local wifi when they were launched a year ago.