Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
cassfan3
Initiate
Initiate

I'm beginning to think these software designers are incompetent. Is nothing Beta tested? Now our Arlo baby has no sound - thus is worthless as a baby monitor. What a joke.

Jakovacn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. No sound on either my iPhone or iPads since the new IOS update . This is worrying. 😞
ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Everyone, check your apps. Mine just randomly started working. Noise can be heard again. I made no other changes. 

ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Check again. Mine just started working. I made no other changes. 

Bahubaali
Tutor
Tutor
I tried again, after restarting app and phone. Audio still does not work.
JerzeyMike
Aspirant
Aspirant
It worked, thanks!!! Very annoying, but glad to have sound again!
ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Check your apps. Mine just started working again. No word from Arlo or Netgear and I did nothing different. Just opened it and it was working. 

Alexl1118
Initiate
Initiate
It has to do with your Wifi network. If you disconnect from your network and use your cellular network the sound works again.
Alexl1118
Initiate
Initiate
I disconnected from my WiFi network today and can now listen to the audio. You have to use cellular network. Obviously obnoxious but it’s a workaround until netgear fixes the app.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Yeap. Disconnect from wifi and connect on mobile, then connect on wifi. Works
Retired_Member
Not applicable
In response to various: indeed the snippets work as a stop gap but still not impressed with lack of fix from Arlo.
Also, yep, as per other posts: it’s definitely an iOS thing. Sound works on desktop through our MacBook Air.

ARLO: PLEASE GET ON WITH IT AND FIX!
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Tried and didn’t work for me 😞 thanks for the tip though...
ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Update - nope! Just kidding. Still does not work. It will work if you're not on Wifi, which is just as useless and annoying. 

ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Yeah, as it turns out still does not work. I disconnected from wifi and used cellular only. That does work. Reconnecting to wifi just starts the trouble again. 

Megahurtz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Confirmed its a bug with new update, ipad with the old version still has sound for the baby came, iphone and ipad with the new version doesnt have sound.  Android with the new version has sound so it seems like an IOS only issue.

kingcobr4
Initiate
Initiate
Found a solution but only for Apple users. You can open the camera in the Home App and still have access to sound. You may not get the temperature features but this is a work around until Netgear fixes this problem. It’s truly unfortunate that they can send out an update that would do something so terrible but for now this should help a few people get some peace of mind.
emilyl
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is the home app?
kingcobr4
Initiate
Initiate
The Home app is for the Apple HomeKit. It allows you to control all of your smart devices and see your Arlo cam in one place instead of using multiple apps. You can get it from the App Store and connect it in the Arlo settings underneath HomeKit. But this only works for Apple products
Eflo14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since updating to the newest app version 2.6, I have been having connection issues with my Arlo Baby Monitor. It does not stay connected and is constantly having a “connecting” status. I have done a full factory reset on my camera as well as going back through the reinstall. Nothing seems to help the problem. Is there a sort of update to fix these issues? This is a real hazard not to have this for my baby.

Staceylm1
Initiate
Initiate
has Anyone spoken to support and have they given an idea of when this will be fixed?
GooberUber
Tutor
Tutor
It’s working just fine now. appears they had some server side issues as there weren’t any client side changes
LittleGiant43
Tutor
Tutor
I tried using the home app yesterday and it was working fine, but then something happened and I wasn’t able to view the feed. It says the camera is not available because someone else is using it, but that is not the case. Going to try removing the camera from “my home” and then reconnecting.
escy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the exact same problem...since the app update. Continuously says connecting but it doesn't! Please fix ASAP!

JAndST
Guide
Guide
Ours is still not working
GooberUber
Tutor
Tutor
Accidentally discovered another edge to the bug.. If you disable your WiFi on your phone, for instance, and connect over LTE/mobile network, you’ll get audio. If you’re on the same WiFi network, it does not work. This tells me that the WiFi based audio transmission is likely the problem. If you can handle the data transfer cost, just drop into LTE and monitor that way.