Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Nick_B
Guide
Guide

Before the current update I could watch my baby in fullscreen. Now the double arrow to see to full screen is gone. I can only rotate to full screen when viewing previous videos in the library, not live video.

How can I fix this? There's no point in me having a baby monitor if i can't see my baby on it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience about this. This issue should now be resolved on the latest Arlo Android app version, which is version 2.19. You can read more about it here: Arlo Android App - 2.19 - 14th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
PghMama
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo app is no longer offering me full screen viewing the majority of the time I access the app. The icon with arrows to access the full screen that was previously above the music icon are no longer there, except maybe 10% of the time. I reinstalled the app and it did not fix the issue. I saw another poster with this problem but reinstalling the app worked for her. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10.

Also about once or twice a day the temperature and humidity indicators stop taking accurate readings, show a crazy spike in temperature and humidity, then show a gap in time with no readings. After that the readings resume and go back to normal. This always seems to happen when I'm actually using the app and trying to make sure the room is comfortable for my baby.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Nick_B and PghMama,

Could you answer the following question below:

• What Android device do you have?
  • What Android OS version are you running on?
  • What is your phone carrier? Is this happening on both WiFi and/or cellular data?
  • Could you provide a screenshot where you're not seeing the double arrow icon to go full screen?
Natali3
Initiate
Initiate
I have this exact same problem I have the Galaxy S10. My partner has the S9 and hers is working fine is it due to the latest update from Samsung I'm not sure if related
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Natali3,

Could you answer the following question:

• What Android OS version are you running on?
  • What is your phone carrier? Is this happening on both WiFi and/or cellular data?
  • Could you provide a screenshot where you're not seeing the double arrow icon to go full screen?
rsena
Tutor
Tutor
I am seeing this on two Pixel 4XL. The full screen arrows are not present.
* Android 10 latest security patch
* Carrier Verizon. And the issue is happening over WiFi( both 2.5 and 5)
* See attached
* Arlo app version 2.13_27035
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for this info, rsena. I've sent your info over to the development team as they are currently investigating this issue where some users are unable to view full screen for the Arlo Baby on the Arlo Android app. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Mgsca
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue as rsena with all those same specs.
Nick_B
Guide
Guide
What Android device do you have?
Samsung Galaxy s10+
What Android OS version are you running on?
Android version 10

What is your phone carrier? Is this happening on both WiFi and/or cellular data? Both WiFi and Mobile network. I'm using an Australian carrier.
Could you provide a screenshot where you're not seeing the double arrow icon to go full screen?
I cannot provide a screenshot as I uninstalled and reinstalled and it came back. Then the next day it was gone again. So I literally just uninstalled and reinstalled 5 minutes ago and they're back. I believe the pattern will continue and they'll disappear again though.

My wife is using a Samsung Galaxy s9 with Android version 9. Her full screen arrows are disappearing and reappearing without rhyme or reason. She has not uninstalled and reinstalled, they just come and go as they please.
PghMama
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JessicaP,

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10 running Android 10, and my carrier is Ting Mobile. The arrow disappearance happens on my Wifi (AT&T fiber) but when I switch to mobile data the arrows reappear. However this did not happen the first several weeks with the Arlo and I do not want to use mobile data to run the app. Also the arrows sometimes (but not always) reappear when I toggle my blue screen blocker app iBlue on or off. Again, this was not the case the first several weeks with the Arlo; I've had the iBlue app the entire time I've had the Arlo.

Regarding the incorrect temperature/humidity spikes, they seem to happen solely when I'm trying to check on my baby. Which is really unfortunate timing.

Screenshots of both issues are attached.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've recently released a new version for the Arlo Android app, which is 2.13.1. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo Android App - 2.13.1 - 13th March 2020

Try updating the app to the latest version and let us know if you still experience the issue.

BriSil
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo baby android app updated and I can no longer view in fullscreen. The button with the 2 arrows, usually in the upper righthand corner, is missing.

When I rotate my phone it also does not change to fullscreen.

However, if I view a past video in the library, the fullscreen button is there. So it is just not available in live view. I need to be able to use it in live view, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
B
Nick_B
Guide
Guide
I have updated and the issue persists. I am now running 2.13.1_27040
rsena
Tutor
Tutor
I have also updated the Arlo app. The first time I opened the app I saw the full screen arrows. When I closed the app and reopened it, they were gone. I have only seen them the one time after multiple reboots of my phone and the app.
Natali3
Initiate
Initiate
I have managed to find a workaround for the S10 hopefully it will work for other phones but it seems to be the login options. Previously I had it set to automatically login with no fingerprint and the full screen arrows do not appear. I have just re-enabled the fingerprint login and the issue has disappeared. Hopefully now the Development Team can look at this further. I prefer logging in automatically as there is no need for additional security when phone has has initial lock anyway. Let me know how you get on.
rsena
Tutor
Tutor
I have my settings to auto login with 2FA turned on. My device bus a trusted device and I am still seeing the issue. My wife's phone is not trusted so when she signs in she puts in a code. She has the same experience as I do not being able to see the full screen arrows.
rsena
Tutor
Tutor
Another thing to note, while the full screen arrows are not visible and I touch the stats icon, the temperature, humidity, and environment status numbers don't show up either.
McGuise
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently updated my arlo baby twice and i now can't make the video full screen. The optiom occasionally appears but is usually missing. This is happening with my family who have access to my camera as well.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks everyone for letting us know you're still experiencing this issue. The development team is looking into this and we'll update the community when we hear any new information.

AnnetteLeslie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Full screen icon won't show. I'm unable to set full screen mode. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? (HUAWEI P30 Pro Android phone) Thank you.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AnnetteLeslie,

Which Arlo camera is having this issue? And could you provide a screenshot where you cannot see the full screen icon?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Does anyone have both iOS and Android devices? If so, are you experiencing this issue on your iOS device?

rsena
Tutor
Tutor
I only have Android devices.
PghMama
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JessicaP, sorry I've been a bit distracted by the... Ahem... I think we all know the all-consuming item in the news these days. Anyway I have Android. My husband has an iPhone and is not having the issue with the full screen. However we both have the issue that the Arlo periodically stops reading temperature and humidity and both spike unnaturally and this seems to only happen when we're checking in the baby. I included screenshots of both issues above but I don't think you mentioned the incorrect readings issue.
PghMama
Tutor
Tutor
Also the newest update I have is March 12. If there's a March 13 update it's not on Google Play?