Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
EasyEnough
Guide
Guide
I picked up an Arlo Baby Monitor (ABC1000) in mid December and have been getting "Abnormal" and "Very Abnormal" readings with alerts since about day 4.

These alerts only take place after my 2 year old has gone to sleep with the door closed.

The air quality levels always come back to normal in the morning.

I live in a desert climate. The bedroom size is about 11'x11' and temperature measured by Arlo Baby and Ecobee3 sensor stays between 68-74 degrees. Hummidity between 30-40%.

Things tried to date:
1) Picked up a high quality HEPA air purifier as well as a humidifier. No impact.

2) Left the window open to "air out room" several times during the day. No impact at night time air quality.

3) Permanently removed diaper trash pale from bedroom. No impact.

We've left town a couple times and during thos times I left the bedroom door closed. The air quality remains normal throughout the entire day and night and at the very bottom of "normal scale".

Bottom line, the only time the air quality degrades (at least per the Arlo Baby) is when my 2 year old is in the room sleeping.

What can I do and should I even be worried?

Thanks
28 REPLIES 28
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Actionjax,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

Malossi
Initiate
Initiate

So I am in the same boat and my air quality between 2am-5am is "Abnormal" to  "Very Abnormal", but I would like to dig in deeper and ask what is the ppm (parts per million) per gases,  and how does one equate these in ppm to the "Abnormal" to  "Very Abnormal"?

• Iso-butane
  • Carbon monoxide
  • Hydrogen
  • Ethanol
  • Methane

These are listed on the site, so what are the range values are for these three level of delineation? What is the formula on  (x#) ppm in Methane +  (x#) ppm in Carbon monoxide = "Abnormal"

Are these multiple sensors, or a single sensor? If it is a sensor there is a polling happening via and SNMP to a graph without any numerical value references, why? Could those be added to the graph vs your arbitrary lines/threshold?  Also, if you are monitoring all of these different VOC's, why not split them out into its own graph(s)?

Jmiller1
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can avoid this Abnormal or Very Abnormal Air Quality when you sleeping.  if you use air purifier and humidifier, because it works for dust , allergy and humidoty room. So this can be a best option for you.  when my wife was pregnant she suffer for asthma and doctor suggest her using air purifier . Now she  said me her asthma away.

Thanks.

Hamy16
Initiate
Initiate
Based what I’ve read, this is the best conclusion I’ve seen so far but no response from Arlo on this?
We have an air purifier in our baby’s room. Abnormal readings only occur when the door is shut with baby sleeping in the room, but goes back to normal when the door is open. There is no ventilation (HVAC) into the room. It can only be a product of breathing/respiration. Does arlo pick up on gases that are products of human respiration? Can’t arlo address this question first?
Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation