Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi

Notifications on our iPhones only appear in the 12 hour clock format - please can you tell me how to make this match our preference for the 24 hour clock? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Do you mind checking one more time with app version 3.6.8

If you do not see the change with that version I would like to gather app logs for the Engineering team to investigate this. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try and change your timezone. You can change your Time Zone settings by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your Baby camera > select the appropriate Time Zone from the drop down list. Also can you verify your time format on  your phone is correct as well?     If that doesn't help, please try removing & re-installing the Arlo app.

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi - thanks for the reply
Yes - the device is set to UTC (London) and my iPhone is set to 24 hour time and time zone London (and correctly shows 24 hour time at the top and on Lock Screen) - there doesn’t seem to be a setting in Arlo to get 24 hour time. Thanks
IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve reinstalled Arlo and it’s still 12 hour clock
I’ve just checked and I get the same error on an old android tablet so it seems to be the device settings..
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try removing and re-installing your arlo app. There has been an update for 3.6.3 as well. Let's serif that helps. 

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply

I have removed and reinstalled the latest version 3.6.3 (3404) and notifications on my iPhone (12 pro max at iOS 15.4.1) are still using the 12 hour clock (also still on my android tablet) - in the iPhone app the times in the library correctly use the 24 hour clock.

Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you have the 24-hour format previously?

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
No it’s never worked
Ian
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay, I found some information, this feature is by design at the moment, but there is supposed to be an update coming that will allow the option for a 12/24 hr time format. 

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Thanks for the information- sorry I didn’t reply (I was sure I did!)
Do you know when there may be an update?
Thanks Ian
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I was informed It should be released in the next App update coming soon. 

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks
I’ll keep an eye out..
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I'll provide an update as soon as it is released 

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks
There was an update today but I still have 12 hour notifications
Ian
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. You have 3.6.5 installed? This was a feature enhancement scheduled for an upcoming release. It may have not made it in this 3.6.5 release. Let me check to see if I have an estimated release timeframe.

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Thanks - yes updated to 3.6.5 (3415)

Ian
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @IDW

For your Android devices, can you download the latest version of the Arlo app v 3.6.6 and see if the time format has been changed in this version?

Thanks 

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Unfortunately no - it’s still 12 hour
I get
“Arlo Secure
Sound Detected on Baby Camera at 07:54 PM”
Nexus 5 - app 3.6.6,28456
Ian
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

And your phone is set to your region via native time settings right?

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi - yes to Uk and 24 hour time (and the time display on the top right of the Home Screen is 24 hour)
Also the clips in the library are referenced using 24 hour time so the app ‘knows’ thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for that, I will pass this info to the Dev team and provide more info ASAP.

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Version 3.6.6 (3417) updated today
Still 12 hour clock

Ian
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Do you mind checking one more time with app version 3.6.8

If you do not see the change with that version I would like to gather app logs for the Engineering team to investigate this. 

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Shayne
It’s looking good - I’ve got 24 hour clock on the notifications
Please pass on my thanks 😊
I’d attach a screenshot but I can’t see how to - was fixed about 24 hours ago when the update came through.
Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation