Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
kooglesmith
Follower
Follower
I have had many issues with my Arlo baby functioning poorly or unreliably, but now that my infant is on the move one issue in particular is terrifying: the camera freezes while the sound keeps working so I can't tell it's frozen when my baby is sleeping. This happens when I am viewing on the same home network. I only know it is happening if there is an incident that I can detect with sound and then pause/restart the cam to kick it back live to see what's happening, or my cat/spouse/self are still in the monitor frame frozen when no longer with the baby. Today my baby awoke silently and was leaving his bed when I heard a sound that made me check on him. The "live" stream showed him still sleeping peacefully as he was crawling out of bed. The bells and whistles are nice, but this cam needs to do one thing well that it doesn't: let me see and hear my baby reliably.

I've had similar issues with my Arlo pro cams in the past, but chalked it up to server/hub issues since it isn't a direct feed. My network is managed by a Netgear Nighthawk router, cam usually shows at least 75% signal strength.

When it does work it works great, but it fails frequently and sneakily enough that I can't trust it and may need to replace it with a different brand monitor.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone successfully resolved it somehow?

Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi kooglesmith,

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your Arlo app & Reboot your Arlo Baby? We can also try and move the baby monitor closer to your router to see if we can test the connection.

aornelaso
Initiate
Initiate
I have exactcly the same issue, the lie stream freezes constantly, the audio is tranmintig live, but the image is freezed out.
The only way I can fix this is restating the cámara. But the problem appears again, it’s very annoying
Wpankau
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same problem, this is a serious issue. I can't rely on this monitor to actually show me what's happening so I'm forced to get a different one.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wpankau

What firmware is your camera running & what version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using? Is this issue occurring on any other devices/computer?

Wpankau
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera firmware 1.8.6.2_22781 and hardware 6.

The app I'm using on Android is version 2.7.2_25500 released 2/13/19. This also happens on my wife's iphone but I don't know what version she has installed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wpankau

What troubleshooting steps have you previously performed?

Wpankau
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well it happened on both phones so assumed device malfunctioned. Rebooted device and also tried using the website instead of the app, problem has not reoccurred yet but I only did this a few days ago.

Also, can you tell me why when I go to the device settings and turn off the notification light it still blinks when 'reconnecting to server'? I have a strong suspicion that a flashing light is waking my baby in the middle of the night and the only option I can think is to put electrical tape over the LED! This blinking happens very frequently for us, maybe it's connected to the frozen video problem?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wpankau

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding the LED issue. Have you tried to reboot/reset the device and adjust the setting from the Web Portal?

wallacepost
Guide
Guide
I got the same issue, I noticed it is happening with the browser so far, becuase we only leave the iMac on for monitoring the baby overnight. But it always freezes, we have to check the arlo app on iPhone comparing if the browser is working or not for every fkin 2 -3 hrs. Can you help!!?
Morb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, u need to patch it asap

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Morb

@wallacepost

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

wallacepost
Guide
Guide

I contacted the support once long time ago, excepted spending hrs on phone and reset the cam "never sort the problem", nothing else seems they will do.
I saw a review on apple website under arlobaby , he mentioned the cam need a very :strong" WIFI signal to run poperly. I purchase a linksys velop 2days ago with 15-20mb nbn uploading speed, seems working without dropping out so far, it has been 2 overnight running.

I would suggest anyone give it a try before put into bin! i dont think netgear support can help with this case.

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

I'm experiencing this too. I'm getting concerned with this product - reliability is key in the system you use to monitor your baby.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @antonioalegria

I have a few questions for you. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps? Did you rebooted your Arlo Baby & test again? What firmware version is the camera running?

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

Hi @ShayneS,

Yes, we've gone through the troubleshooting steps and reset the camera. Those incidents happened after that.

The firmware version is mentioned in an earlier message, together with the App's version, etc.

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation